Posts by Killom

Greetings,

Got an issue with HDMI Audio here: I am unable to get 5.1 surround via vc4-hdmi-0

5.1 surround gets requested, but ALSA only gets back stereo:

Code
    DEBUG <general>: CAESinkALSA::GetChannelLayout - Requested Layout: FL, FR, FC, LFE, BL, BR 
    DEBUG <general>: CAESinkALSA::GetChannelLayout - Got Layout: FL, FR (ALSA: FL FR)

Full LOG here:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any idea what is wrong here and how to fix?

Already packed up the cards for returning but haven't shipped yet. Maybe if I got some spare time on Xmas, I'll try to recreate with logging.

Also tried my luck with an 8-Channel HDMI Audio Extractor (7.1 Surround capable). But got some bad luck here. Will open a new thread for this issue ...

Can confirm, nightlies are broken since 20211220. Last good one is from 20211218

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211222-b0c6e41:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211221-9284c92:

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211220-9284c92:

First Sound Card arrived yesterday:

An El Cheapo noname device. Unscrewing revealed lots of cold solder joints :angel: and an CM6206-LX Chipset.

Plugged into PI4 - and it "kind of" works. Full 6 Channel Output - but after plugging the card in, my wireless keyboard and 360 controller ceased to function.

Looks like there is an severe hardware/firmware issue with the USB Chipset of the Pi4. Searching revealed, that this seems to be an known issue which hasn't been fixed yet.

I don't expect the other cards to perform any better due to the mentioned USB issue. Are there any known 6-Channel HiFi HATs available? Maybe good question for RPi Forums :D

Hey there!

Which USB Audio Cards are (fully) supported by LibreELEC? Doing Media Center things with Kodi. But the RPi has no analog 6-Channel Audio output - So I need external Audio Card. My 5.1 System has to be fed with analog input (RCA Jacks ...) So easiest thing would be an USB Audio Card I think...

Is there a list of supported audio devices or something?

Ok, thanks. I'm not really familiar with this github thing. Its a bit confusing for non-programmers.

It looks like the "In-game Port Setup dialog" I'm waiting for is integrated into master since 06.12. (10 Days). But current nightlies dont have it yet. The package.mk thing only regards current stable (19.3)? This In-game Port Setup dialog wont be backported to Kodi 19, so I have to stick with Kodi 20 - so I need the associated Nexus AddOns

With your information above, a new game.libretro / game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed has to be built - and i need to update it manually after its available?

Hey there!

I'd like to report, that game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed-22.0.0.*.* isn't working on current nightly builds.

Starting any game will result in either black screen (BIOS) or freezing while playing Intro sequence (HLE). scph5502.bin BIOS is used

I'm not this familiar with LE. Can you tell me, which logs to post for getting some more insight into whats may be the issue here?

Thanks!