Posts by apn64

I'm running the official/stable LE10 on a Pi4B and also have a (separate Pi) on my home network running Pi-hole for secure DNS lookups and filtering.

This morning I noticed that my LE10 device was in the Top-Clients list on my Pi-hole, which certainly piqued my interest.

Looking into the Pi-hole history, I found that the LE10 device is connecting to http://www.yahoo.com every 30 minutes, and I'm curious if this is normal/expected behavior, and if so, for what purpose?

I have automatic updates selected in the settings, so it's no surprise to see update.libreelec.tv every 6 hours, but I'm stumped on the Yahoo and if that may be related to something I've done in settings.

OK, so I finally got around to testing a 720p MKV X265 (HEVC) file with the 2021.12.01 LE nightly build and sadly, it's a no go :(

The audio came through fine, but no video; just the spinning circle and kodi stuck on the screen. The UI was still working and after playing the file for a few minutes I was able to stop playback from the remote and return to the kodi menu screen.

I was looking for the /boot/config.txt to attempt to overclock my zero-2w, but I guess the folder/file are not used in LE, so I need to look for another way.

Sorry, I don't have a Netflix account, so didn't test that.

I edited my post (above) to add the 1080p designation, since that's all I tested.

Since the zero-w may be able to handle a lower bitrate, I'll find a 720p MKV X265 (HEVC) file to test, and on the off-chance it's not OOM, overclocking the zero-2 may help.

I have a Pi4 running LE 10 w/ JellyCon and just for kicks, I decided to try the same config on a recently acquired zero-2.

Using the 2021.12.01 nightly build, I was thrilled to discover that it booted fine and ran Kodi (UI was a little slower than Pi4) and it proceeded to play 1080p MP4 and 1080p MKV X264 files with no problems.

Unsurprisingly, the zero-2 choked on 1080p MKV X265 (HEVC) files, presumably due to lack of HW acceleration.

The zero-2 also failed to launch JellyCon, which I need to check in the logs, but suspect it's an OOM issue.

Sadly the latter is a deal breaker for me (losing sync between devices), but it was a fun experiment, and hoping we'll see a faster CPU and 1GB of RAM in future iterations of the zero.