Posts by lannox

ok folks I figured out what I did wrong :(

I used the Raspberry pi imager tool to write libreelec, because I was not able to run the libreelec usb-sd creator...

I tried again with a windows computer (I had to borrow to my daughter 😂 ) and ... :fireworks 💥 !!!

Code
    /dev/mmcblk0p2           26.8G      8.6M     26.8G   0% /storage

now it's all ok

for those who're interested about the creator issue, see screenshots

thanks for your time reading

Lannox,

Most (all?) LibreElec releases images are quite small. The images contain a partition table, where there is a small fat16 partition and a storage partition. But the storage partition is very small, the bare minimum and it should be resized to the maximum available on the block device. 27M will fill up immediately.

For some reason LibreELEC skipped that part on your first boot this time. Frakkin64 gave one good suggestion as to why it might have happened.

You have not told as the size of the SD card you are using. Try parted /dev/mmcblk0 print and post the output here.

here you have :

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # parted /dev/mmcblk0 print
    Model: SD SD32G (sd/mmc)
    Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 31.3GB
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
    Partition Table: msdos
    Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End    Size    Type     File system  Flags
     1      4194kB  541MB  537MB   primary  fat16        boot, lba
     2      541MB   575MB  33.6MB  primary  ext4

okey thanks for your answers. very instructive.

what I don't get, is that on my fresh new install, on the same sd card, I'm directly filling 100% of /storage... so I cannot install any plugin anymore, scrap anything, while before that, I had far enough space for everything

I was thinking of moving /storage to my nas, but that seems overkill to me. After all, it was fine on my previous install

Hi

I'm running LibreElec 10.0.0 on rpi4

I just figured out, after struggling a while with kodi, that I actually ran out of space on my sd card. Then I wonder, why affecting 1.9G to /tmp, or 1.8G to /var and only 27M to /storage?

this is what I have, and can I easily repartition, and how?

for the record, I reinstalled librelec (why did I do that anyway?) and did not face any issue before

thanks in advance