Posts by witten

Reporting back here for anyone else with a Zotac box: I managed to get wake on lan working even when powered down! I'm not exactly sure which setting it was in the BIOS (I changed several), but it might've been the one for restoring power to last state. Unrelated to that, I did try changing suspend mode from Auto to S1 in the BIOS in the hopes that it'd fix suspend, but that most definitely did not work.

I'm also just upgraded to 10.0.1 generic, and suspend / wakeup no longer works on my Zotac Atom D525 box. Same sympoms as reported above. (Interestingly, pings to the box still work when it's hung, but SSH/video don't.) Even tried the potential workaround posted here to no avail. I think the system was already running legacy NVIDIA, anyway.

To Klojum's point: I realize that a volunteer project such as LibreELEC, especially one built on external open source projects like the Linux kernel, can't support every conceivable hardware configuration for all time. Still, this "regression" is super disappointing for those of us with older machines that have plenty of life left and have been running older versions of LibreELEC flawlessly for years—including suspending and waking up. And in regards to a full power down, that doesn't support wake-on-lan (AFAIK), so it's way less convenient especially if the hardware is tucked away somewhere. I'd love not to landfill a perfectly working piece of hardware just because the software has outpaced it. Seems like such a waste. Avoiding this waste is one of the reasons I'm running Linux to begin with!

So I'm interested to see whether the next Linux kernel magically fixes this. Also interested in hearing from anyone who has a fix or work-around for this issue!