Posts by makima

1080p/h264 and 4K/h265/hevc should not be a problem. 4K/h264 can be a problem.

Not sure what you mean with AFR. Automatic Frame Rate? Yes.

Add-ons, sure. IPTV, not really my field of expertise.

HDR development is still ongoing, the first steps have been made.

For the latest details, read https://libreelec.tv/2021/11/03/libreelec-matrix-10-0-1/

yeah, just found that release notes.

borrowed a rpi4 from a friend, hopefully will test this all today or tomorrow.

best scenario is to get the release or a nightly build?

makes sense.

i have a HD audio capable sound system and a 1080p TV set for now, capable of switching to 4k resolution (don't know the tech part but that's how it works).

currently Firetv stick 4K is plugged into audio system's HDMI-in and from it's HDMI-out to the HDMI-in of TV.

what i need:

1. flawless 1080p remux playback with HD audio passthrough and AFR

2. flawlses 4k remux playback with HD audio passthrough and AFR

3. running of addons, incl IPTV (i guess IPTV Simple) with proper deinterlace and AFR

4. HDR support?

5. HDR-to-SDR as my TV is not 4k natively (don't know about this much, tbh)?

hi community,

currently on an Amazon FireTV 4k stick but suddenly it stopped DTS/DTS-HD passthrough and it's kinda harsh so looking to get another box.

Was initially looking at nVidia Shield TV (Tube version) but rumour is that it's not very stable, due to 32-bit arch and more.

Then, found out that the RPi 4 does HD audio passthrough, great!

now tried to get some info of current limitations, i'm sure they are, but no luck...

can someone please direct me to right location or post bellow?

cheers and thanks for all the great work!