Posts by Kilroy5150

I have a USB multi-drive tower, that the entirety of LibreElec can see but Plex. Plex seems to think it's root file structure is in it's app directory and there seems to be no way to get out (to a lower level) in order to see the defalt "media" directory that houses all my drives. Is there some trick to slipping outside of this directory in order to add movies and music? I'm not an every day Linux user but, generally, i can find my way around but Plex lack of being able to see my drives (where the rest of Libreelec can) baffles me. I can see the docker files that are associated with the Plex install so i must be stuck in that directory....right?

Anyone? :cry:

The Kodi Plex add-on is a client with a sole purpose of playing media stored in a Plex server. If you want the media to be visible in the Plex client you need to add it to the media library in the Plex server. If you run a Plex server on the same HTPC host as Kodi (and the Plex client in Kodi) you can map media from local drives. If you run the Plex server somewhere else; you'll need to remotely mount the drives so that the remote Plex server host can see the media on them to add into the Plex server library. Kodi doesn't follow a rigid client/server model in the same sense; the GUI just provides access to media wherever you store it, and in your install that media is local which is easy.

It is not possible to change the behaviour of the Plex add-on without writing code to change the behaviour. As the current add-on is created by Plex staff the behaviour is intentional and I doubt changes to access local media would be welcome.

Never mind. I figured it out. It's the config on the add-on extension. The actual program, after it's running, doesn't have that option.

I have a USB multi-drive tower, that the entirety of LibreElec can see but Plex. Plex seems to think it's root file structure is in it's app directory and there seems to be no way to get out (to a lower level) in order to see the defalt "media" directory that houses all my drives. Is there some trick to slipping outside of this directory in order to add movies and music? I'm not an every day Linux user but, generally, i can find my way around but Plex lack of being able to see my drives (where the rest of Libreelec can) baffles me. I can see the docker files that are associated with the Plex install so i must be stuck in that directory....right?

Anyone? :cry: