Posts by bigcontainer

If you want performance use EXT4. If you want compatibility with Windows use NTFS. If you want compatibility with Win+Mac use exFAT. There is no filesystem that gives performance AND compatibility but all are "good enough" for use in a mediacentre box. Best practice is "plug it in and it just works" as there is no need to muck about with mount points or anything else.

To clarify 'chewitt's statement based on my experience this week, you will have to input the file path to the new 'recordings' folder and give it the correct permissions. When I did not have the permissions set correctly it would record about five seconds and stop, now the permissions are set correctly it performs flawlessly onto a 1TB M.2 SATA WD stick in an external case, in my case formatted to NTSF.

The lightning bolt is an overlay from the RPi firmware to indicate inadequate power supply.

So a massive thumbs-up to crazyblocks for getting the external drive recognised but this then indicates he still has a power supply issue.

I'm having a similar issue with an M.2 card 1TB in a case that is not recognised. I think we may have a bad format, but it's been useful following this thread. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has a LibreElec system that is working with a M.2 card in a case running as the main storage for the RPi and what components they used.

Does anyone know of a power supply that is rated more than 3amps?