Posts by popelpenner

@Joe

danke für deine Bemühungen!!!

Da jetzt alles so weit funktioniert, mache ich mir erst bei den nächsten Problemen Gedanken um eine Lösung.

Habe z.Zt. andere Probleme als mich weiter um dieses Problem, welches momentan ja gar nicht mehr existiert, zu kümmern.

Du (und natürlich auch die anderen) haben mir aber mit deinen/euren Ausführungen wirklich sehr geholfen, danke dafür!

btw. is this an english only forum? If so, let me know and i'll try to post this in english.again.

I'll give my very best ;)

so long...

@Joe

wow, this is a lot amount of information!

Why is it all so complicated ;)

And of course i ment MB/s and not kb...

I thought it would be done by formatting my HD in ext4...

I'd never transfer speeds of 142MB/s as you said, neither over network nor between local connected HD's (SATA).

The highest speed i recogniced was about 120MB/sec but only for the first few seconds; then speed slowed down to about 75MB/sec, which is absolutely ok for me.

As i mentioned, the mkfs.ext4 command led to a stuck of the formatting process with the message "creating journal" by 1 of my 3 HDs.

So i had to format this HD with the external tool, which produced the 36GB.

And this HD was the one which stucked from time to time (maybe some bad blocks!?)

Meanwhile i restored my HDs completely and everything works fine and no more help is required in this case.

Again, many thanks to all who helped me!

You can use tune2fs (also present in LE) with the "-m 0" option to change the root reserved space to 0% - make sure you unmount the drive before doing that.

May i ask what the reserved space is good for?

Do i have any disadvantages when setting it to 0?

Backround is that by formatting my 5tb HD, there was a reserved space of 36GB! Too much for my likes.

I set it to 0 with tune2sf and now, after copying about 4TB back to the HD, i have massive speed issues. Speed is going up and down in a range from 3 to 35kbytes/sec but never reaches the 80kbytes/sec i was inured whitin the copying of the previous 4TB.

From time to time copying stucks completely for serveral seconds :(

I was so happy to belief my problems were solved and now this :(

Again: any ideas what to do?

@Hias

Hi, i followed your instructions but unfortunately the mkfs command stucked at "creating journal".

So i choosed my previously mentioned external method (booted my PC with a Linux USB stick with gparted on it). Thus i was able to prepare my 5TB HD, but with the disadvantage that it reserved 36GB (!) of diskspace, what is definitely to much for my likes ;)

Here your tip with "tune2fs -m 0 /dev/sda1" came in handy. It worked and now i have my 5TB HD corresponding to my likes :)

Right now i'm restoring the 5TB HD from my backup devices and everything should hopefully went ok (in about 14h).

Thanks again to the others who tried to help me!

GDPR-7

I hope my english is still readable ;)

@snaileyes

You are my hero!!!

I formatted the HD ext4 and all problems vanished!

Thanks a lot!

Also thanks to the others who tried to help me!!!

PS: i had to format the HD with an external tool which reserved almost 4GB of diskspace for ???.

Is there any possibility to format a HD within LE? I found nothing, and in a ssh session with putty to my Raspi, mkfs was not found...

nevertheless i can live with this little issue.

It'll take a while to backup, format and restore the other HDs, but this issue i will accept!!!

regards

"Eigenlob stinkt" 8o your english is readable !

Thanks for the flowers ;)

I tried different Computers: win7 64bit, win7 32bit and my Laptop (win7 32bit)

The Raspi's storages are: 5TB HD, 3TB HD and 120GB SSD all connected to a USB3 HUB with

power supply. The hub was relativly expensive and is of good quality. LE is installed on SD-Card.

But i also tried the HD's separately with and without the hub.

Would it help to post my smb.conf?

Hello everybody,

please excuse my bad english, i'm a german...

My problem is that copying files from my PC to my Raspi via Samba has a delay before copying starts.

The bigger the file the bigger the delay.

The delay only occurs when copying files from PC to Raspi, from Raspi to PC there is no delay.

I have 2 Raspberry PI (one is 3 the other 4) and I tried both Raspi's with several LE versions without any success.

Any ideas what to do?

Hello,

please excuse my bad english, i'am a german...

My problem: since running LE 10 on my Raspi PI4, i got a black screen when turning on the PI4 BEFORE my TV is turned on.

Up to Version 9.2.8 i could handle this by editing "config.txt" with entry: "hdmi_force_hotplug=1" etc...

As i read, since version 10 this option isn't available anymore because of basic changes.

Question: How can i manage to have output on my TV even if i turn it on AFTER the PI?

Thanks for any help!