Posts by LibreEcosse

UPDATE: I got the drive manually decrypted, mounted and all working great - thanks. I have added the steps below for future reference. UPDATE END

Thanks pasnox. This sounds promising. Having an automated process would be ideal. Unfortunately, I'm not techy enough to follow up on your info and I can't find the documentation in the archive linked to above. Any help with specifically how to set up LUKS drive decryption and mounting with systemd mount services and/or pointers to the appropriate documentation would be much appreciated. Thanks again

---

Steps to manually decrypt and mount LUKS partition with the luks open tool:

1) SSH into Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreELEC;

2) find the location of the external USB SSD drive - run the command:

Code
    parted -l

Output:

Code
    Model: [SSD model information]
    Disk /dev/sda: [size]GB

3) decrypt LUKS partition, run command (where drive location is taken from above - I had to add "1" as LUKS partition is the first partition on the drive):

Code
    cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda1 SSD

Output:

Code
    Enter passphrase for /dev/sda1:

4) mount the decrypted partition - first, create the desired mount point:

Code
    mkdir /media/SSD

5) Mount the partition:

Code
    mount -t auto -v /dev/mapper/SSD /media/SSD

Done - the drive is now accessible through the media centre UI at:

Code
    /media/SSD

UPDATE: so lsblk, udisksctl, sudo and apt-get are not part of the distro (see below). So I'm out of my depth here. I do have the LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-sky42-9.2.6-#201025.img.gz image running on my Pi4 now and I have SSH'd into the box. But found that I do not have a clue how to try and mount my encrypted SSD from the command line (having tried and failed with the commands above). Any pointers on how to decrypt and mount my SSD would be appreciated?

Also, what distro is LE based on?
    END UPDATE

Hi, I'm trying to get LE running on a RaspberryPi 4 (RPi4) with the ability to mount an external encrypted (LUKS) SSD. I'd be grateful if someone can advise if the image: LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-sky42-9.2.6-#201025.img.gz, at the following link, is the correct/best/most current image to use for my purposes: sky42 LibreELEC community builds ?

Also, if the above image does support LUKS, I would be grateful if someone can tell me if I am on the right track with the following commands to decrypt and mount my SSD?: