Posts by bg.lebowski

Hi Chewitt,

many thanks for the reply ... Sure, i have restarted the box several times ... But it looks like that the Conf and Option_conf files are not used by the system, for whatever reason ...

As I said ... in the LIRC documents it's stated that i need to create the lirc.conf with the irrecord command and the irrecord command is running with a named "lirc driver". The Lirc driver is configured in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf ... which is not existing in the default libreelec installation but available (macmini and default)...

but ...

HiassofT would be really appreciate if you can advice me ..

Hi Chewitt,

many thanks for the reply ... Sorry I didn't had the time and the mood the last days to test it out ... but finally looks like i'm to stupid ...

okay ...let's start from the beginning ...

Apple Remote is working out of the box !!! ---- but with the wrong key settings ...

Means: "key up" = "volume up" ; "key down" = "volume down"

Okay ... next i checked for LIRC options ...

I copied etc/lirc/lirc_option.conf to /storage/.config/lirc_option.conf

and i created a new lircd.conf in /storage/.config/ from a sample file for Apple Remote (white and silver)

furthermore ..

#irw

(no keys recognized with irw ... but still the same in Kodi "key up" = "volume up" ; "key down" = "volume down")

also i tried the keymap.xml solution ...

i created a new keymap.xml in /storage/.config/ based on an example for the Apple Remote ...

No success

So whatever i do ... nothing changes the configuration of the keysettings of my remote

Finally i'm total confused and total stucked. There are so many "How to" but all slightly different

Sorry to bother all of you again with my problems ...

Even on another LibreElec MC, I got the same results when I run ir-keytable ... No device found ...

For my Apple TV 1 ... The same ...

and on my AppleTV1 everything is working well.

Sorry, but i don't understand this lirc topic ... ;(

Many thanks for the reply ...

I try your suggestion but without success ...

Furthermore I updated to librelec 10.0 and I didn't see the same IRQ error as before ... Furthermore I searched for IR in dmesg ...

[ 8.917583] input: Apple Computer, Inc. IR Receiver as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:04.0/usb3/3-5/3-5:1.0/0003:05AC:8242.0004/input/input6

[ 8.972505] appleir 0003:05AC:8242.0004: input,hiddev96,hidraw3: USB HID v1.11 Device [Apple Computer, Inc. IR Receiver] on usb-0000:00:04.0-5/input0

But with ir-keytable I got the same results ..

Code
    miniELEC:/usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps # ir-keytable
    No devices found
    miniELEC:/usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps #

miniELEC:/usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps # ir-keytable -c -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/l
    ibreelec_multi.toml
    Read rc6_mce table
    No devices found
    miniELEC:/usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps #

Attached you will find newest dmesg as well ...

Thanks for the reply ...

This is exactly what i tested and read before ... but i failed ..

Okay ...

I stoped Kodi and Lircd

-> systemctl stop kodi

-> systemctl stop eventlircd

I try ir-keytable

-> ir-keytable

/sys/class/rc: No such file or directory

No device found

Afterwards I tried to load some of the examples (zotac, rc6_mce)

-> ir-keytable -c -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce

Read rc6_mce table

/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

No device found

.... Does it mean that the OS didn't found the ir device ... and only Kodi do ??

Sorry ... to stupid ... attached you can find my dmesg as well ...

Thanks

Dear all,

I know, there are lots of post on similar topics already raised in the forum and maybe i miss some notes ... but please believe me, I already check the forum and either the problem is mentioned for a very older version, the "solutions" didn't work for me or they are discussion on Kodi on MacOS.

Basically I have one issue right now (posted in another Request as well, but I doubt that no one recognized it) ...

I want to setup und use LibreELEC on a Macmini 3,1 ... Installation done, all works pretty well, but ...

Original Mac Remote is working out-of-the-box with LibreELEC/Kodi, but the Remote keys are not set correctly, up/down = Volume up/down; Left/right = No action etc. not like the key setting for LibreELEC for AppleTV.

I tried different things mentioned in other posts (use different keymap.config etc.) but all without success.

Funny thing, when you install Kodi as an application on MacOS, original Mac Remote is working much better, not perfect but key settings are better.

Who can help me with adapting the settings for the Mac remote (white and silver one) or even give me a hint were i need to look for ...

As I said, if tried different "solutions" but they where all mentioned for an earlier Kodi version. I use version 9.97.1

Thanks !!

Hi Chewitt,

many thanks for the reply ... to my surprise ... after using a USB Audio device and rebooting the macmini without the USB Audio device, i was able to select a proper ALSA audio device in the Kodi settings ...

Never the less I decided to install LibreELEC 9.2.6 on my macmini and after installation ALSA Audio devices are available from scratch.

So analog Audio is working now.

Furthermore ... Sadly you are right ... this macmini3,1 does not provide Audio out via miniDP port (shitty Apple again).

So finally I need to decide if is enough to bring Audio via analog Audio to my TV ...

The rest seems fine for me ... Out-of-the-box

Maybe you can help me with the reconfiguration of the Apple Remote keys as well ... I already tried with the Keymaps setting ... but seem I'm to stupid ... It will not change anything for my Apple Remote keys ...

Attached you will find my dmesg output for your interest

RPi is not my choice ... I don't want to buy new piece of hardware ... I just want to use my legacy devices for best

Dear all,

I know, there are lots of post on similar topics already raised in the forum and maybe i miss some notes ... but please believe me, I already check the forum and either the problem is mentioned for a very older version, the "solutions" didn't work for me or they are discussion on Kodi on MacOS.

Basically i have two issues ...

1.) Seems LibreELEC/Kodi does not detect HDMI Graphiccard accordingly, because MiniDisplay Port doesn't provide Audio out ... and KODI doesn't show HDMI or mini DP Audio out in settings

2.) Original Mac Remote is working out-of-the-box with LibreELEC/Kodi, but the Remote keys are not set correctly, up/down = Volume up/down; Left/right = No action etc. not like the key setting for LibreELEC for AppleTV

I have no dependencies on the LibreELEC Version that I want to use on my Mac Mini 3.1 and my personal requirements are very moderate ...

The idea was to use an older MacMini 3.1 with DP port as a little Media Center and the idea is to run Kodi on LibreELEC and not on macOS, so I created a USB Installer and install LibreELEC 9.97.1 (and 9.95.1) natively on my MacMini. After installation from USB Stick was done, MacMini boots regularly from HDD, loads LibreELEC and finally provided the standard welcome page.

Installation smoothly works out-of-the-box, Graphic settings are ok, Network working Mouse/Keyboard = all Ok. But after I tested with first movie, movie runs fine but without sound ... and original Apple Remote is not working like I know from AppleTV v1.

Audio issue I know already from other installations and I'm aware that in need to select the proper audio device in settings ... Okay ... but when I go to settings and try to change Audio Device, I recognized that only one Audio device is available and this is "Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO), even analog Audio is not available and Audio Device is greyed out. So for me it looks like LibreELEC didn't detect any Audio device on my Mac Mini 3.1 (no DP Audio, no Analog Audio) ... I will do the installation with another LibreELEC Version again, but I doubt that I will have a similar result (9.95.1 shows same result).

If I install Kodi on macOS as app ... Analog Audio Out is working ...

LibreELEC native installation ... Analog Audio Out is not working.

Same for Remote ... Key setting in native LibreELEC/Kodi installtion ... Keys not correct ... Kodi installation on MacOS ... Key settings of Apple Remote (silver) working correctly

Hardware: MacMini 3.1, Intel Core2Duo P7550/2,26 GHZ

Video: GeForce 9400/integrated/SSE2

OpenGL: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.108

Any idea if I'm able to get it running perfectly ? and if ... What do in need to change ???

Any solutions, ideas, hint appreciated ;)

Many thanks for the support

Big