Posts by bg.lebowski

okay ... double negative ... I got that wrong ... Sorry

Anyway I changed the settings in syslinux.cfg. Let's give it a try.

For some other reasons I changed LE settings to wait 10sec for network ... After I did that changed the "BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s!" never appear again ... until now ... hope and wait ...

Many thanks !! 

hi mglae,

i will give it a try ... but how can i make changes to /flash/syslinux.cfg ... for me it seems to read only ...

Anyway, I enabled persistent logging again (also did before, but I not found the "BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s!" in logs). Maybe i searched in the wrong logs ...

second ... I don't understand what you mean with "by not using the SATA interface" ... I only got the error message when it try to boot LE from a SATA boot device. I never get the the error when I try to boot LE from a USB boot device.

Thanks

Hi all,

I recognized that the issue not appears when I boot the harddrive connected via USB and not via internal SATA bus.

So ...

Connect and boot HDD via internal SATA directly -> "BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s!" issue

No internal HDD and connect and boot via external USB HDD -> NO "BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s!" issue

Same SATA HDD ... I test with different installations and different HDD/SSD. All the same result.

Cheers

Sorry to report that the issue is not fixed in 10.0.1.

I used LibreELEC on a macmini3,1 and i have the same issue to report.

Version 9.2.6 is running without "BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s!" issue, but everything above will causes the "BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s!" error.

'dvb drivers from latest kernel' is disabled on my system. Sometime "BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s!" is followed by an Samba deamon failure as well, but even disabling Samba causes the "BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s!" error.

I know macmini3,1 is not the best Hardware to run LibreELEC ... but it's fancy ;)

Cheers

Okay, I post the rsync logs for two different systems ... one with LE 9.2.6 one with LE 10.0 ...

LE 9.2.6 ...

LE 10.0 ...

on LE 9.2.6 and LE 10.0 directory /storage/video/ do have the same file permissions ...

LE 9.2.6:

LE 10.0

Okay ... this is my "simple" configuration on the LE systems (I'm using this since OpenELEC 6.0,1 on my ATV1) ... It fits my requirements ...

I have a autostart.sh in /storage/.config/

#!/bin/sh

rsync --config=/storage/.config/rsyncd.conf --daemon

and ... the rsyncd.conf in /storage/.config/

list = yes

port = 873

log file = /var/log/log.rsync

timeout = 300

[Synology3_Backup]

comment = Synology3 Video Backup

path = /storage/videos/

max connections = 0

read only = false

hosts allow = 192.168.66.251

uid = root

gid = root

... so no rocket technology ...

when the rsync server connects to the rsync client "module" (Synology3_Backup) than it creates a directory inside the module to store the files (/storage/videos/Synology3bak ... Synology3bak = name given by me in the setup of the rsync job on Synology NAS) and its "indexdb (synobkpinfo.db)".

have you tried to create the directory and the file "synobkpinfo.db" in it (maybe an old synobkpinfo.db from LE 9.x copied) ?

This is not really possible ... the "synobkpinfo.db" depends on the job on the server ... means they have a kind of validator (or something like that). Rsync job on rsync server and synobkpinfo.db do need to have the same validator. But if you upgrade from LE 9.2.6 to LE 10.0, the rsync module is marked as valid on rsync server (because indexdb and job do have the same identifier) and it is possible to start the rsync job, but failing because of authentication/authorization issues.

But nevertheless I can manually create folders in /storage/videos/ and place a file there ... no issues from any computer (no need to use root/libreelec credentials).

I'm more thinking in the smb (Samba) implementation on LE 10 ... I know that the support for smb1 is discontinued on most systems, but in LE Configuration smb1 is still available, but nevertheless I doubt that there be a change in the smb implementation starting with 9.95 or so (the configuration in LE Configuration for smb in LE 9.2.6 and LE 10 is exactly the same ...

I'm running multiple rsync jobs from Synology NAS, also to different LibreELEC hosts, but only systems with LE 10.0 fail ...

it seems the second picture is uncomplete.

Sorry, no more options. Just the setting to configure the scheduler ...

Dear all,

sure ... ssh is working, system is rebooted, rsync is running, configuration is the same in LE 9.2.6 and LE 10.0 ...

rsync deamon on LE 10.0 is running and its configured/started with rsyncd.conf from /.config.

When the Server (Synology NAS) connects to the client (LE 10.0) I use root/libreelec credentials to connect.

After that I needed to select my rsync module ... and from pop-up windows the right rsync module is shown and i can select the module as well.

In case of rsync issues or in case of connection issues ... The pop-up window would be empty ... So it's working !!!

After selecting the rsync sources for backup I need to save the configuration and I should be able to run the first test.

But unfortunately after pressing the save button and error message appears ...

"Insufficient privileges to access this destination shared folder. Please contact the destination administrator for assistance"

This is due the fact that the rsync process will create the destination share and store its rsync notes (synobkpinfo.db) inside.

Again .. all the same in LE 9.2.6 (working) and LE 10.0 (not working).

The issue is reproduceable on any system for me ...

Cheers

Many thanks for the support again !!

After some testing I figured out that the solution is working well, but some of the "feature" keymapping needed to be adapted. Ex. When you watch a movie, fast forward with remote is not working/configured. But I guess some smarter guys will be able to adapt the keymap.xml for more advanced behavior.

Navigation works fine with the mentioned keymaps.

Because of some other reasons, I decided to run LE 9.2 on my macmini3,1 for the moment, and I decided to use the atvclient solution mentioned in the other post as well (works little smarter for me, but I know that this solution is outdated and not supported).

-> Create a new directory /storage/bin

-> Copy the atvclient file to the directory /storage/bin/

-> Copy the atvclient.service file to the directory /storage/.config/system.d/

Run the following two commands to enable the service:

Code

Code
    systemctl enable atvclient.service

systemctl start atvclient.service

Furthermore I recognized that the atvclient solution unfortunately not works with LE 10.0 (just a quick) run.

Cheers

Hi Joe,

thanks for the reply ...

and have you also tested a "first sync run" with LE 10 ?

Yes ... i tested to setup with fresh LE 10 installation and i tested the run with LE 10 upgrade from (running) LE 9.2.6 installation

and could also mean old addon's for LE 9.2 running on LE 10 (?!)

did you also upgrade the addon's for LE 10 ?

No ... in LE 9.2.6 Network-tools are version .104

in LE 10 (both fresh installation) Network-tools .110

in Version 9.5 and 9.7 network tools are not available in official repository

are both boxes pingable ? (LE 10 <=> second box)

sure both boxes are pingable

Again ... LE 9.26 is working without issues ...

LE 10.0 didn't allow the Rsync Server (Synology NAS) to create the rsync folder configured in the "rsync module" in rsync.conf on Rsync Client (LibreELEC).

Dear all,

I use rsync from "network tools" add-on to backup some of my videos from my Synology NAS to a second device.

I'm not 100% sure when i tested this the last time, but after reinstallation of one LE Mediacenter to v10 i recognized that I got some "unauthorized privilege" when i try to safe the rsync configuration on my NAS.

To make a deeper Test, i installed LE 9.2 from scratch on the same server and try to configure rsync on my NAS again. The rsync.conf on my LE is always the same.

With LE 9.2 i was able to setup rsync without any issue ... Also the the first "sync run" was successful. So far so good ... next i updated my box to LE 10.0 again ... means same configuration ...

Next I test if i'm able to run the same rsync job again ... but again ... logfiles reports some authentication issues ...

What have changed on the network integration in LE 10 or is there a change in the rsync bin from "network tools".

The values in LE/services for network setting is still untouched and the same than in 9.2 ...

So ....

Rsync in LE 9.2 is working (and I doubt 9.5 as well)

RSync in LE 10.0 is not working (both fresh installation and upgrade from working LE 9.2 installation)

Solutions are appreciated

Hi chewitt, hi HiassofT ,

finally I managed, based on the other description, to setup the Apple Remote (silver and white).

Summary ... LIRC is not required, System Tools not required, atvclient not available beginning from Libreelec 9.2, Apple Remote is supported since LE 9.2 out of the Box, but keymapping is different and needed to be adapted.

The solution is quite simple (but some documentations confusing a lot ...).

Just place a customized keymap.xml in ... .kodi/userdata/keymaps/ ... is required.

I used the recommended settings, and it works best for me with all versions above LE 9.2

Many thanks for the great support !!!

Cheers