Posts by Niceguy

Huh..?

Why not simply ask why he shoud wait an hour instead of making stupid remarks ?

The Reason why he should wait an Hour after he shut down Raspberry and PC is this:

Maybe there are some RAM-Chips build inside the TV and/or the Raspberry which stores some Data (Settings) as long as they connected to Power, like the Chips you use as RAM on your Computer.

If you Power down your PC of, all the Data stored in this memory is lost, therefore you can save it on a HDD, SDD or USB-Stick !

So if you disconnetd the TV and the Raspberry from the Power for an hour you can be shure that this Data (if there is one) is erased for sure.

I've used my RPI4, running LE 9.2.8 on HDMI port 1 of my TV, but then decided to move it to HDMI port 2.

So if I'm right you mean HDMI Port 2 on your TV and not on your Raspberry ?

Maybe you can try this:

1. On your TV disable CEC-Support (If it's possible)

2. On LibreElec remove everything you added to the config.txt

3. In LibreElec go to Settings -> System -> Input

4. Disable CEC-Support in LibreElec

(Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals ->Peripherals )

5. Chose "Reset above Settings to default"

(Settings -> System -> Input)

6.Turn off the Raspberry and the TV

7. Wait for about a hour to be shure that all the Data in the RAM of your TV and

Raspberry is deletet.

8. Check if the HDMI-Cabel is in the right Ports of the Raspberry and the TV

9. Turn on the TV

10. Enable CEC-Support of the TV (If it's possible)

11. Turn on the Raspberry

12. Enable CEC-Support on the Raspberry

13. Reboot your Raspberry

14. Look if the CEC-Connect is OK now

It is important that your first turn on the TV and then the Raspberry !

Sorry, I didn't understand how you connect Pi4, Soundbar and TV

Is it:

a) Pi4 -> HDMI -> Soundbar -> HDMI -> TV

or

b) Pi4 -> HDMI -> TV <- HDMI <- Soundbar ?

If it's "a" than

1. Question:

In your second Screenshot "Connected to HDMI device" is set to "TV"

Can you change it to something different like "Soundbar" ?

Because your the Pi4 is not connected to a TV but to a Soundbar.

2. Maybe the Problem lies not within LibreElec and the Pi4 but in the Soundbar which will not send a "Turn on" Signal over the HDMI-Cable to the TV when you disable the Screensaver of the Pi4.

This would be an Explanation why it's working when you connect your TV directly to the Raspberry.

Maybe this seems stupid, but

1. Did you put the HDMI -Cables into the right ports ?

Form the ARC/eARC HDMI-Port of the TV to the ARC/eARC HDMI-Port of the Soundbar.

And from the HDMI-Port near the USB Power-Connector of your Pi 4 (HDMI 0) to a HDMI-Port of the Soundbar.

2. Did you check the CEC-Settings of your Soundbar and your TV ?

Maybe there are some CEC-Functions that must still be enabled ?

3. Maybe you can try different HDMI-Cables.

Sorry,

but you know that this is a Remote Control designed for the use with a Windows Vista PC ?

What did you expect ? That it works right out of the Box ?

By default, the Remote Control is set up to work with WIN Vista, did you set it up right to use it with LibreElec ?

Did you take a look into the Manual of the Remote Control ?

Instead of bothering with it by editing this and disable/enable that in LibreElec/Kodi why don't you just buy a simple, cheap Remote Control like this:

Coycoye MX3-M Remote Control 2.4G Intelligent Voice Infrared Flying Mouse Button Remote Control for Android Set-Top Boxes TVs
    Coycoye Product name: remote control Radiofrequency:2.4G Hz G-Sensor:Yes Gyroscope:Yes Battery Type: AAA x 2 batteries(Without battery) Buttons…
    www.amazon.co.uk

I've got this Remote Control by myself and it works "right out of the Box" with LibreElec on my PC.

And if you really want to change some Functions of LibreElec/Kodi to other Keys of the Remote Control use the LibreElec Keymap Eidot Add-on.

Add-on:Keymap Editor - Official Kodi Wiki

The idea would be to use the tv for general viewing and the pj (onto a 120" screen) for action + 3D films but only 1 display will be on at a time.

I intend using a 1x2 splitter to feed the tv + pj. - wiring would be pi hdmi 0 to splitter and pi hdmi 1 to Onkyo avr (hdmi 1.3a). Individually (i.e. hdmi 0 to tv and then hdmi 0 to pj) it works fine.

So why not use a Switch insteade of a Splitter on HDMI 0 of the Raspberry PI 4?

If you use a Splitter, the Video from the Raspberry would go to Samsung TV and the Laser PJ at the same Time, and it's possible that this causes some Problems even if one of the components is turned off.

If you use a Switch, you can choose to which Component (Samsung TV or Laser PJ) the Video goes by switching the output either to the TV or PJ.

Because you plan to use only one Component (Samsung TV or Laser PJ) at the time, this solutions seems much better.

If you made a "Whitelist" in LibreElec with exactly the same HDMI mode (resolution, refresh rate, progressive / interlaced) for both output devices like Da Flex says, it should work without tweaks.

If it's really just an HD-Ready TV, then it's probably no cable issue. I think HDMI negotiation goes wrong here, and I suggest to create a custom EDID with supported resolutions.

Before that, why not set the Resolution of the User Interface to 1280x720, make a "Whitelist" with only the 1280x720 60.00Hz and 1280x720 50.00Hz Settings and set Adjust display refresh rate (System -> Player -> Videos -> Playback) to "On start/stop" ?

I think Kodi is desinged for working best with standard TV Resolutions like NTSC (720x480), PAL (720x576) or HD 1280x720, 1920x1080 and maybe 4096x2160 (because most, when not all Videos now are in one of this resolutions) and not some "strange" Resotutions (for example 800x600, 1024x768 or 1366x768) a HD-Ready TV or a PC Graphic Card has to offer.

I think for that reason too the Subtitles didn't show on my Asus Eee-PC which had an Resolution of 1024x600.

Think I've figured it out - it will play sound when I select interlaced resolutions (1920x1080i, 480i etc) but not when I use standard progressive scan ones (1920x1080p).

I was going to get a better TV anyway but thanks for all your help

One last Question to Mr. Da Flex:

How can you chose a resolution of 1920x1080 (it doesn't matter if "i" or "p") on a Screen that is only "HD-Ready" and has a native resolution of 1366x786 ?

I though there is this "EDID-File"

Extended Display Identification Data - Wikipedia

for Display Devices which describes their capabilities to a video source and was "transferred" during the "HDMI-Handshake".

So if the TV send this EDID-File to the PC, in LibreElec only a max. Resolution of 1366x786 would be possible.

Or did I get something wrong here ?

Is there a Difference between a TV and a Laptopdisplay `?

Like you know, I tried to install LibreElec 10.0.1 on my Asus Eee-PC and I couldn't get a Resolution of 1280x720 or even 1920x1080 out of it because the Display only has a native max. Resolution of 1024x600.

So now we got Picture and Sound until you change the Video-Resolution in LibreElec ? ?(

What Resolution(s) is your TV capable of ?

I think it's 1366x786 because the TV is "HD-Ready" only

Don't change it to a higher Resolution like 1920x1080 because the TV can't show it, and maybe for this reason you got an "Out of Range" message.

What Resoulution did LibreElec show to you ?

If it is 1280x720 it should be OK, and you won't get any problems, because this is a regular TV Resolution.

So if everything is alright I wouldn't change the Resolution.

But for example if some Parts of the Picture are missing or the Picture is stretched we must search for another solution.

If you want you can try this

In Settings -> System -> Display

1. Set "Resolution" to ether "Automatic" your native TV Resolution or 1280x720

This will only affect resolution of the User Interface and has no effect on playback.

If it is available I would set it to "Automatic"

2. Set "Use Fullscreen Window" to "ON" (I think this is done already)

3. Make a "Whitelist" and set it to 1280x720 60.00Hz and 1280x720 50.00Hz only

The LiberElec (Kodi) Videosettings are described here:

Settings/System/Display - Official Kodi Wiki

At last simple a Explanation (I hope I did get it right):

If some AV-Components are connect with a HDMI-Cable and are switch on, at first they "communicate" with each other "telling" the other side what they are capable.

Among other things the TV tells the other Side (for example a Blu-ray Player or even an PC) which Resolution he can show.

It's called "HDMI-Handshake", if you want more Information about it, you can Google it. :)

So if you turn your TV on first and then the PC, the TV will "tell" the PC of which Resolution he is capable and wich sort of Sound he can handle.

Display: Grundig GU22WDVD01

Didn't find a "Grundig GU22WDVD01" but after a lot of searching on the Internet a "Grundig GU22WDVD10"

22 INCH GRUNDIG LCD TV HD READY FREEVIEW DVD COMBO MODEL GU22WDVD10 [u'SANDWELL'], Dudley

It's some strange combination between a TV and a DVD player like the "DVD" part in the Modelnumber shows.

It seems that this TV is not widespread (the Information above is the only one I could find) and that it is only HD-Ready and has only 1 HDMI-Port.

So again it makes me wonder why "ALSA: HDA Intel HDMI" is shown 4 Times.

You only have 1 HDMI-Output on your Motherboard and 1 HDMI-Input on your TV.

I've checked my own combination of an Asus Motherboard, LibreElec 9.2.8 and a Samsung TV.

The PC is connected with a HDMI-Cable to the TV and LibreElec only shows 1 HDMI Auido-Output.

And another question to Omina:

If you own this "Grundig GU22WDVD10", do you set the the "Resolution" in Settings -> System -> Display to 1920x1080 or to 1280x720 (which would be betterbecause the TV is only HD-ready) ?

1. Sorry, but I could not find any Information about a "Grundig GU22WDVD01" TV on the Internet.

Did you try another HDMI-Port on the TV or did you use always the same ?

2. You're using the HDMI-Out of your Motherboard ?

If so, did you enable the "HDMI Audio Output" in the BIOS of your Motherboard ?

It must be in the BIOS under "Onboard Device Configuration"

I've got an English Manual of this Board, (Download from here

https://www.asus.com/de/SupportOnly…elpDesk_Manual/ - "H81I-PLUS User's Manual (English)")

Look at Page 2-24 (Picture of the BIOS-Mainpage) and Page 2-31(right on the Top the Setting is described)

3. Look at

System -> System -> Audio (where you can select the Audio Output Device)

Did you set

"Number of Channels" to: 2

and

"Allow Passthrough" to : Off

4. Also it makes me wonder why "ALSA: HDA Intel HDMI" is shown 4 Times.

You only had 1 HDMI-Output on your Motherboard.

Maybe you should "Reset above settings to default"

in System -> System -> Audio (it's down on the Bottom)

then turn off your PC and TV.

Than first turn on your TV and than your PC and look what Kind of Audio Output Devices are now available

Question to the MODS:

This is my 26 Post on this Board, why must it still be checked by a Moderator ?

I thought after 10 Posts this is not necessary anymore ?

Or did I get this wrong and it's 25 or more Post now ?

Thanks for all your repleys,

but well, that's it for me.

LibreElec gave me too much trouble on the Eee-PC, so I'm back to Windows XP.

It's not the fault of LibreElec, the PC is simply too old, the CPU to slow and it has only 2GB Ram.

The Eee-PC can handle WIN XP, it was installed before on this PC and there's even a Sticker on it that says "Desinged for Microsoft Windows XP".

Because the Computer is to old I can't use WIN 7, 10 or 11 or some modern Linux, but I don't go to the Internet with this Computer so the old WIN XP should be OK.

I simply want a to "transfom" the Eee-PC into a Machine that can playback MP3 Music-Files and some 720p MKV Anime-Videos and so I thought LibreElec would be great and simple, but because the PC is to old it is not.

I don't know if it is OK to ask here, but does anybody know some "Stand-Alone" Software (like LibreElec) that turns my Eee-PC into a simple MP3-Player ?

I've tried "Volumio 3" but that's not the thing I want.

If nobody knows, I will install WIN XP, WinAmp, Media Player Classic Home Cinema and maybe VLC Player 2.2.8 and everything will be OK like it was before LibreElec.

Thanks again for your help on this case.

I will keep LibreElec 9.2.6 on my Raspberry Pi 3B and my newer PC, because there it works fine without giving me any troubles.

Kodi's source code for displaying subtitles is being rewritten for Kodi 20 Nexus.

I'm not sure how far along those have come already, but nothing much will be updated for Kodi 19 Matrix.

So if I got you right, you're saying the Bug about the ASS-Subtitles still exist in LibreElec 10.0.1 ?

So I got another Problem with LibreElec 10.0.1

I've got a lot of Anime-Movies in the MKV-Container-Format.

They all have internal Subtitles in the *.ASS Format.

Problem: These Subtitles didn't show on the Screen.

In

Settings -> Player -> Language I set the "Prefert Subtitle Language" to "English"

and "Subtitle Position on Screen" to "Fixed" (changed this Setting doesn't help)

In Settings -> System -> Display -> General I tried different Screen-Resolutions but the Subtitles won't show up.

During Playback, pressing the Key "T" on the Keyboard I've got the Message "Subtitles disabled" or "Subtitles - English subs"(but the Subs aren't shown)

I read about the Problem that *.ASS Subtitles aren't shown in Version 9.95.2 of LibreElec but I though this Problem was fixed in Version 10.0.1

By the Way: External Subtitles in *.SRT Format work fine for me.

So I installed LibreElec 10.0.1 on my Asus Eee-PC an now I want to control it with the "Yatse" Remote Controll App on my Smartphone.

I set up LibreElec the way it is described her:

How to configure Kodi for Remote Control access
    You need to configure Kodi to allow Yatse to remote control it. Just select your Kodi version below and follow the steps.
    yatse.tv

under "Kodi Crypton /Leia /Matrix"

But when I want to connect "Yatse" to my LibreElec-Installation it didn't find any host.

When I put in the IP-Adress (192.XXX.XXX.XX) and the Port (8080) by hand, I got this message:

java.net.ConnectionException: Failed to connect to /

192.XXX.XXX.XX:8080

Cause: java.net.ConnectException: failed to

connect to / 192.XXX.XXX.XX (port 8080) from /

192.XXX.XXX.XX (port 41716) after 5000ms:

isConnect failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

Explanation: Instead of XXX it showed the right IP-Adress of my Eee-Pc and my Smartphone in the WLAN.

So what's wrong ? Why did it connect to LibreElec ?

The WLAN is working fine, LibreElec is shown in the Explorer (under "Network) on my Windows-PC and from there I have access to all the Folders (like "Pictures, Music, Videos) on the Eee-PC.

The other strange thing is that Yatse connects to the LibreElec 9.2.8 installation on my Raspberry Pi 3 without any Problems.