Posts by WarpLover

I appreciate your reply. But I do not think "old codec" is always the answer. Go look for the 60s Outer Limits HD. The file sizes are about 5g. Almost none of them work.

Re-encoding is an interesting idea, but costs way more time and $ than scraping and failing in Kodi.

I see the same non-function with a newer show Shipwreck Hunters Australia. The first episode works. The others don't. This is a very new show but exhibits the same quick shutdown when asking to play it.

I'm sure there are more examples in the library that I have not run across yet.

Is there a way to check Kodi compatibility without going through the trouble of scraping and moving to the library before finding out it is a fail? Is there a stand alone Kodi player outside of Kodi?

Playing a new file in VLC to test used to be all that was needed. Been building this library for 20 years.

I have some video files I downloaded and they seem fine in the windows environment. I DL in windows and try the files out by evoking VLC in windows. If they seem OK you scrape the files and scan them into KODI's library.

I am noticing a number of files that work well when they are tested with VLC won't work in KODI. When played in KODI it quickly brings up a black screen that disappears just as quickly. Whole seasons of TV shows don't work in Kodi.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot this problem. Is the file(s) broken and VLC does something to make them playable, but when used in KODI, KODI can't deal with the "error", so they seem unplayable? Is my down-loader suddenly not putting the rar's together properly after years of being dependable? Or is it actually something with Kodi that can't deal with a perfectly fine file?

Thanks for your troubleshooting ideas.

I just bought a pi and set it up with LE. Been working mostly fine with some buggy issues. (on the newest beta)

The pi is connected to a hub full of drives. I started scanning content. It was time for bed so I let the pi scan and turned the TV off.

Within some period of time the TV turns itself back on. I turn it off. It happens again. I stopped turning it off and then the screen saver on the TV takes over after a period of time and turns it off, then the pi turns it back on after another period of time. This went on until the scan stopped.

CEC?

I have the same random mounting of drives. I have a USB 3.0 hub plugged into a RPi4 with six drives on the hub. At first all six would mount. Then only two would mount. Like the OP they work fine in windows. I am running on default code.

I suspect CEC is interfering somehow. Just a WAG.

Many, many moons ago we used to have the ability to snag a video frame from a movie while viewing. It has long since disappeared.

I was wondering what the history of this function was, and will it ever come back? HW gets better all the time. I'm hoping we might see it again.

Thanks to the old timers who know more than I. :thumbup:

you sir, are a legend!

I have a rockpro64 that went tits up. I read that Armbian should be tried to see if the hardware is any good. I can't get armbian to boot. When it installs I see an error among all the text "direct firmware load for rockchip/dptx.bin failed with error -2", so I presume the HW has failed?

This is forcing me to find a new SBC.

I require USB3 & min of 4gb of ram. I don't game with it. It will be my entertainment center for movies.

Any suggestions?

I like the 5B. I could wait on drivers and perhaps, drop a little gift to show past and current appreciation. :cool:

I just saw a demo of the Rock B, Rock3588. It was just born so I don't expect LE software yet, but this baby is gonna scream! HDMI in and out! 16G RAM max. Stock fan looks a little toyish, but that was the only negative I could come up with on this new release.

Explaining Computers on YT has the review. :thumbup:

Trying out Libreelec 9.2.6 on the RockPro64 running off a 32gb SD. This is an early review.

Issues I've seen:

I can't enable Bluetooth. By design?

The Pine remote for the RP64 doesn't work that well. I have to tell it twice, often! Sometimes it seems holding down a bit longer than normal helps, but the remote can go into the key repeat mode quite quickly. Is this my installation of the IR sensor, or known issues?

I did a reboot and it shutdown instead, and was fun to power up again. Not. Couldn't power up with the remote.

Speaking of remotes, can the RF remote from the Vero be made to work on the RP64? (dongle + remote). I love the way it works.

I've did the video calibration in Kodi during its initial setup, and have had to go back and reestablish it again. I think that was needed after the above reboot/shutdown.

I have a USB 3.0 hub plugged into the 3.0 port of the RP64. It has 5 external 3.0 drives on it. I mount those drives on a PC in Win10 and do file transfers from a 3.0 external on the PC to the RP64 drives. I see ~100mbs initially and then it quickly settles down to a sustained rate of 33mbs. Is that considered a normal result?

4k is hit and miss, as I have read about. I need to explore my library, including MV's and audio files to see what else is working. Please, oh please let the audio-out jack work! :)

Great work in such a short time!

Does analog audio through the 3.5mm jack work? (RockPro64)

I've googled. Most help is for windows.

so I found a post that suggests running pactl

I don't know what to look for but these lines looked informative. SUSPENDED is seen twice.

My MAC address does not change on reboot.

> Server String: /var/run/pulse/native

> Library Protocol Version: 32

> Server Protocol Version: 32

> Is Local: yes

> Client Index: 3

> Tile Size: 65496

> User Name: root

> Host Name: Play2

> Server Name: pulseaudio

> Server Version: 12.2

> Default Sample Specification: s16le 2ch 44100Hz

> Default Channel Map: front-left,front-right

> Default Sink: bluez_sink.00_16_94_37_57_23.a2dp_sink

> Default Source: bluez_sink.00_16_94_37_57_23.a2dp_sink.monitor

path=/org/bluez/hci0/dev_00_16_94_37_57_23 aut

odetect_mtu=0

> 7 bluez_sink.00_16_94_37_57_23.a2dp_sink module-bluez5-device.c s16le

2ch 44100Hz SUSPENDED

> 7 bluez_sink.00_16_94_37_57_23.a2dp_sink.monitor module-bluez5-device.c

s16le 2ch 44100Hz SUSPENDED

I went to a friends and tried the headphones on a rockchip box running OSMC. I fumbled for a while but we got it to move from the discover column to the paired column. The BT symbol shows blue from a moment but turns red immediately if it doesn't receive a reply. So, it paired, but sound still came from the TV not the headphones.

With that experience I brought them back home and tried again. I was able to get the wetek running 18.2 LE to pair them up, easier than the rockchip box. But the same results. Screen shows they are paired, but sound still comes from the TV and nothing from the headphones.

Help?