Posts by ciclista71

Still interested in this network issue, I found an issue by chance:

if I copy a large file to my NAS, after a while the connection will drop. I see very high 1m load usage and free mem goes to zero.

If I nohup copy the same file to the NAS, I still lose connectivity but the file is copied suucesfully (6GB long).

I think this is the problem: when kodi opens the file, the throughput is kind of too big and the rpi4 hangs.

Do you know how this could be solved? Some network settings in the rpi?

Thanks

So, I am trying again because this issue really annoys me.

I have taken some screenshots, so I can better explain the problem.

TERM is xterm and I am using the same TERM config on my other Raspberries and Mac and terminals I am using when providing support to my customers. And SecureCRT is set up correctly.

Nevertheless, with GNU Nano 7.1 installed on LE11, every time I type a letter I see the diplay showing weird things, look here:

I can normally open nano, for instance with the kodi log

But as soon as I scroll down with the arrow key or if I want to type something, I first get this screen

and then this one

and then the display becomes stable again. This is very quick so it looks like the screen is flashing, and it's awful.

Also, pressing arrow key continuously will not make the cursor move fast.

This only happens with LE11 which has changed Nano version to 7.1, I think LE10 was using nano 3 or something

Other Rpi I am using have Nano 3.2 and it all looks good

I don't know if it's a nano issue or an LE11 issue.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Hi,

I have just upgraded to LE11 beta to solve some deinterlacing issues, and it all seems to work fine apart from editing files with nano over SSH.

I am using SecureCRT but I see the very same problems with Putty: nano 7.1 shows kind of "one line more" (the name of the file) and every time I move the cursor (up/down/left/right) this line is displayed and then the screen is refreshed. The outcome of it is kind of screen flashing which makes editing almost impossible.

I have tried to change many settings in Putty/SecureCRT but nothing changes (every change just worsen things), I didn't have to touch any settings for LE9 o LE10, nor for all the other servers I connect to (customer servers for my job, and my local Rpi3 servers I have at home or my NAS or my Mac): they all work fine but nano on LE11.

Someone more skilled than me could maybe help me?

I attach a small video where you see that a cat works well, but a nano shows weird things on my screen (you can also check frame-by-frame)

I created a gz file which I renamed into .zip otherwise I cannot attach it

LE11_nano_video.mp4.zip

Thanks!

Luca

I moved to Kodi20 and I see the fanshim py file is not updated.

Modify the service.py file and modify the following 2 lines so they look like below (lines 37 and 38 in the service.py file)

Code

Code
    datapath = xbmcvfs.translatePath(selfAddon.getAddonInfo('profile'))
    addonfolder = xbmcvfs.translatePath(selfAddon.getAddonInfo('path'))

You basically need to add vfs to xbmc otherwise the plugin will exit with an error.

Luca

Hi

I tested LE11 and indeed, playback is smooth. If you run the Player Debug Info, you will see skipped frames but if you turn it off, it's helluva smooth!

GREAT!

Now, since this is a beta, I guess there are still some issues that need to be solved (i cannot find any release note so I can't tell how big the issues currently are, or if there is something missing).

How is LE11 trustable? When will a final release be made available? I am now eager to get it :)

Thanks a lot

Luca

So, I have tested both options and none of them is bringin any valuable results.

I also have a Fire TV 4K stick which I use to play videos (I use LE to record TV programs).

I have seen the following:

- FireTV can perfectly decode the TV recording and I don't see any skipped / dropped frame, but the HW Decoder is not Prime.

- I tried to stream some films from LE, and tested MP4 SD/HD and H264 SD/HD. In all the cases, I didn't get any skipped / dropped frames, so the problem is not the H264 HW decoder but the DEINTERLACER. As soon as I have interlaced videos, I get jerkyness. I tried disabling Prime decoder but rpi4 is not powerful enough. But as soon as I disable deinterlacing in the player, no frames are skipped (of course, video experience is not nice); I re-enable it, and frames start to be skipped.

So I think there is nothing I can do, at the moment....

I have a shim fan which gets activated whenever temperature is higher than a threshold and stops when another lower threshold is reached. However, since I have HW decoding issues, I will start with core_freq_min and will report back.

This was a very valuable piece of info you gave me!!!

Thanks again

Luca