Posts by Regular

Thanks a lot! Looks like it's working. Probably could have found it with a search, sorry...

I also did notice the same thing as porkchop999 (but with LG OLED):

I haven't been able to notice the green on my TV (Sony AH8). Although I can't get the tv to pickup full range. Kodi is set to full but the tv is picking up the signal as limited. If I force full on the TV if washes out the picture. Are you still forcing full range in your builds ?

The test video they screenshotted also looks the same for me. Dark areas looked a bit too crushed so I upped TVs brightness-setting in HDR-mode just a bit, but I'm wondering if that's normal or if there's something lost on the way.

My guess would be that GPU uses limited range and scales down the full range like: Kodi (full) -> GPU (limited) -> TV (limited), and maybe that's OK, but I'm really not sure since the setting in Kodi used to match the TV setting previously.

Hi!

Just to add that HDR seems to be working on NUC7i3BNK, too.

I can't find xrandr anymore, though, and tvheadend 4.2 can't find libvdpau (I couldn't find it either):

"error while loading shared libraries: libvdpau.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

any idea if this is something I can solve by e.g. installing something or is this a "feature" of the image?