Posts by GeToChKn

kszaq Don't know if you saw my post before, but spotify connect web doesn't work with the built in sound drivers for the 905, but will with an external usb headphones, so something isn't right with the ALSA mixer in your build.

Here is when I run the config wizard, and select the USB sound device, I can then pick a mixer, and all works well.

When I try to pick any of the options for the 905 sound via HDMI, I get no mixer selection, and the service doesn't start.

Since it's capable of working with USB sound, it has to be something simple. Any ideas.

Anyone have spotify connect web working? I have my API key, but when I go through the config wizard, it won't let me pick a mixer and sending the amixer command via putty doesn't show much anything useful.

I plugged in a USB headset, and was able to pick the device and the dialog window came up allowing me to pick the mixer, and I was able to cast from Spotfiy to my kodi device, but it only plays through the USB headset, so the plugin fully works, but the current ROM doesn't seem to have a proper ALSA mixer available.

I can still be watching a movie and get sound via HDMI and my AVR and have spotify playing through the USB headset.

7.95 Beta5 working fine here so far on a Droibox S905X 2G/16G box. Spotify addon seems more stable, will leave it on test streaming etc all day here. CEC is working fine with Yamaha AVR RX-V679. All pass through settings available for 7.1 DTS etc working as far as I can hear. AVR remote operates via CEC all Kodi functions fine. Great work. Thanks! Any other things to check/test?

Update: Running stream of Deepwater Horizon, 4K Video, 23.9 FPS, TrueHD Audio RAW to AVR, across internet, fantastic. Kodi handling on Libreelec superb. No bumps or issues.

How did you spotify working, what mixer settings are you using?

Well its from Amazon.ca so easy to return if not.

Should look at the actual pics.

100MB.

NO 905X chip has 1000MB net. Not in the chip, won't have it, and no box manufacturer is going to go through the trouble of adding a whole networking chip/stack/etc to a board just to add it.

905X is if you need 10bit HDR 4K,

otherwise 905 is nicer for 1000mb net.

What the title says.

Just got myself a S905X box (M96X) and after getting LibreELEC installed on it, I have tried to toy around a bit with multiple themes etc to make 4K HDR playback via SMB from my PC as smooth as possible but I still get the occasional judder and audio cutouts.

Anyone got any experience on how to make it work any better? Or do I need to stick to crappy Media Server and just run it on my TV straight instead of using the Kodi for it? Am I just dreaming that it could play 4K HDR today?

I currently run the 8.0 Beta on it.

The problem I think is that the 905x is only 100mb instead of 1000mb ethernet. So if the video you are watching exceeds that it will stutter. Network overhead, etc and you are getting less than 100

Anyone else have a weird issue with seeking and refresh rate switch disabled? I turned off auto refresh so it's static at 1080p60hz, but when I seek, it blacks out the screen for a second and then my AVR will show the 1080p60hz again like the rate was switched but wasn't and doing this every time for seeking is annoying.

480i60hz
    480p60hz
    480p_rpt
    576i50hz
    576p50hz
    576p_rpt
    720p60hz
    1080i60hz
    1080p60hz*
    720p50hz
    1080i50hz
    1080p50hz
    1080p24hz
    2160p30hz
    2160p25hz
    2160p24hz

no 120hz listed there. I tried adding it manually but doesn't show up in the list, so probably not supported officially. With HDMI 2.0, enough bandwidth, but not officially supported it seems. I'll have to HDMI my PC back to my TV, see if Windows Kodi shows/supports it?

Can you open a ssh terminal on your machine and provide us a "xrandr --verbose" output?

I will when I get home. Be interested to see if the 905 can. I know for AMD I had to patch the drivers for the longest time until AMD finally added official 120hz support. Overwatch at 120fps at 39" is pretty awesome though. Lol

Fyi for m tv it's a Seiko 39" 4k tv that has a hacked firmware flashed to allow 120hz so I am very sure it can do a true 120hz @1080

I'm not a noob, I'm not talking about smooth motion bulshit or fake 1030400hz crap they sell, my TV does real, 120hz @ 1920x1080. For real, hence why I asked. For Windows and games, it is smoother than you can imagine.

Really any device than can do 4k@30fps can do 1080p@120fps. GPU don't care about what resolution, they care about their pixel clock and how many pixel's it can push. 4k@30fps is the same pixels at 1080@120.

My Minux U1 does. It's a bit pricey though. Awesome android box, but Kodi on any android box, or SPMC for that matter still has issues, libreelec doesn't like they do. I may find a cheap S905 box though to turn into a dedicated libreelec box and run my Minix for Android since it has good specs, and decent support from Minix. With the booting issues fixed, I've booted 20times in a row, watch 4K content, full passthrough to my Denon 6.1, etc. But I do want a box for some android things as well. lol.