Posts by RManPT

if you continue using analog audio output the sound will never improve.

Still, it is supposed to work or the RPi4 would not come with analog output. it only happens on greater than 1080p videos and disabling HW acceleration makes it work. In previous versions had to disable deinterlacing to make it work.

Looks and feels the same as 10b2. Was hopping that the muffled and crackling sound using DRM PRIME HW acceleration would be fixed but no: every video with greater than 1080p res is showing this problem. Using a RPI4 4GB BCM2711 (analog sound output).

Waiting to see if the random 10b2 GUI lag will happen again.

Anyway, good job guys. Keep up the good work.

I am using RP4 bcm2711 (I mean what shows up in my audio list after activating dtparam=audio=on is bcm2835, the files on flash are named bcm2708-11) and fixed the crackling by just disabling hardware acceleration with DRM PRIME.

Am I missing any performance/quality? Or is this the best way? Can I get a clock updated dtb file?

Just tried 10b3 and the problem persists. Every video 1080p or greater has a muffled/crackling/popping sound when using DRM PRIME HW acceleration. What could be the problem?