Posts by wanradt

running "journalctl | grep ntp" on an idle Amlogic device

grepping ntp from journalctl gave me no output. Before the original posting, I looked into /var/log, but this directory is completely empty. Is there any logging mechanism I am not aware of?

To test do the ntp-queries succeed, I set the system clock an hour too early, but after running a few hours it remains wrong. So seems, that the problem may be in unsuccessful ntp-calls.

Then I checked LE Network settings and noticed that Timeserver#-settings were actually empty. I set first as pool.ntp.org and after restart, I got from journalctl also ntp-set logging:

Code
    Apr 11 19:28:50 pildikast connmand[301]: ntp: adjust (jump): +65148582.224308 sec

This seems strange to me, but before setting up the timeserver-setting, it polled different nodes in pool.ntp.org but did not actually set the local clock. But now it does and does not pollute my Pi-Hole's log with not relevant queries.

Seems, we can close the case. Thank you all for the input!

Wbr,

Gunnar

Then I removed the USB stick and rebooted, but my laptop does not see any bootloader.

What is exact error on booting from hard disk?

I have no experience with LE x86 install and your log seems very clean, so first I'd try to make sure, is BIOS correctly set to boot from hard drive and if yes, then I had tried to boot from some live Linux distro to examine installed filesystem. And restoring bootloader.

But first, what is the exact error on booting?

Wbr,

Gunnar

Hi!

I use LibreElec (9.2.6 RPi2.arm) on Raspberry Pi 3b and after I included Pi-Hole in my network I noticed how many queries my LibreElec produces in my network. Specifically, there are on average about 20 NTP queries per minute. It seems to me a lot. I don't see the purpose of having so tight interval controlling the right time. Is this normal behavior? Can I somehow reduce the frequency of NTP queries? From my point of view once or twice in 24h should be enough.

Hope this is the right subforum here.

TIA,

Gunnar