Posts by zerocool64

Hello

I'm so happy, it work !!!

So, I didn't test with another HDMI cable because I made a mistake in my order, I ordered a extension HDMI cable instead of a micro HDMI to HDMI cable, stupid I am

Just in case : https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07H7JCCKM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

So I have decided to make a last try. I have a HDMI switch that I use to switch between my console (Nintendo switch) and my TV Box (provide by my ISP).

I decided to used this switch to switch between my rpi and my tv Box. The cabling allowed me to see that the signal coming from my rpi4 wasn't here. I have a led displayed when the signal is coming in.

So to make it work, I have used this switch to display the signal coming from my box on my TV and when the signal was well displayed on my TV, I switch to rpi4 and voilà, signal is OK and the kodi is displayed.

I decided to check all my custom configuration, like hdmi_xxx and dtovrelay in my config.txt and go back to the default config.txt and signal was ok too.

Thanks all of you for your time and patience. My TV is ten years old so maybe connectivity are not like are it used to be.

OK, so just a quick recap.

I have installed the latest firmware 2021-24-29

rpi-boot-eeprom-recovery-2021-04-29-vl805-000138a1-sd.zip

I have installed Raspbian. This one 2021-03-04-raspios-buster-armhf-full.img on e fresh sdcard

OS boots well and I have display on my monitor (but not full HD by default, only 1024*768) but nothing on my TV. So I change the resolution and now OS boots with 1920*1080 on monitor but still nothing on TV .

I saw that the default overlay is set to vc4-fmks-v3d on Raspbian(line LE 9.2.6) and commands tvservice (-l -n -s) works well both on Monitor and TV.

I check if my TV had a most recent firmware but no.

I tested both of my HDMI cables with my tablet on my TV and it's ok.

My last try before buying a new rpi4, I have ordered a new cable HDMI 2.0, I'll let you know the result, maybe tomorrow.

Sorry, I saw raspberry pi4 in the description so I thought it was compatible.

I think I'm going to roll back to version 9.2.6 because I'm tired of testing lots of things but kodi doesn't boot.

Which eeprom version do you recommend for booting 9.2.6 ?

I have installed the latest build (form scratch) but still no signal.

When I use vc4-kms-v3d or vc4-kms-v3d-pi4 , I have no signal on tv or monitor.

In order to have a display on the monitor, I have to do one of the following solution

- use vc4-fkms-v3d

or

- force resolution on cmdline video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720@60D or video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080@60D

But when I get signal on monitor, each command regarding edid dont't work

When connected to a monitor, edid failed

getedid create

successfully installed edid override for HDMI-A-1

edid-decode /storage/.config/firmware/edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin

EDID extract of '/storage/.config/firmware/edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin' failed: unknown format.

When rpi4 is connected to my monitor it seems that the edid is empty

cat /sys/devices/platform/gpu/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-1/status

connected

LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/devices/platform/gpu/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid

LibreELEC:~ #

This won't be the case otherwise it wouldn't work with your PC monitor as well. And I am running two RPi 4B with latest firmwares & latest LE 10 Nightly builds without any video issue.

It's hard to say what's wrong at your configuration but I would start again with defaults. Also I would decode the EDID files of your PC monitor & TV and compare them ( edid-decode /sys/devices/platform/gpu/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid ).

I know it's working for you with all latest release. What I said is when I try to boot a LE 9.2.6 (so not really the latest) with a latest firmware, kodi didn't boot. This is why I think about a compatibility between le and eeprom.

Regarding the edid, I send you both. It seems to be the same.

Hi, I have try EDID but still no hdmi signal.

The command getedid create has modified my boot option and append those options.

drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

I think I'm going to go back to a stable version like 9.2.6. But last time I did it, rpi4 didn't boot.

Maybe there is a compatibility between the firmware and the version I try to use. I search for the libreelec/firmware compatibility matrix but I did't find it.

I have updated both, usb firmware (138a1) and eeprom to version 2021-04-09.

I have removed all the line that start with hdmi_ and still no hdmi signal hdmi on tv. TV and RPi4 were offline all the night and this morning still no signal.

Maybe there is some issues on cec beacause cec-client report nothing

echo 'scan' | cec-client -s -d 1

autodetect FAILED

Hi,

Some updates.. I worked on the RPI4 all day because I was not able to send you the log you asked because nothing worked at all.

Due to all my operations, at the end, the Rpi4 only worked on a monitor with raspbian OS, I couldn't make boot any version of Librelec with the firmware versions I used.

So I have decided to full update the rpi4. I have installed firmware 2021-04-29-vl805-000138a1 and libreelec 9.95.2. But even with this version, I wasn't not able to have a display but kodi ping.

I found that adding ssh to the boot kernel allow me to ssh into, that very helped I think.

So I tried some commands like tvservice (-l -s -n) but commands always returned bad info (no devices, no connection...)

Finally, I have try to edit the config.txt and use vc4-fkms-v3d instead of vc4-kms-v3d. I thought I have already tried this options but I left the include that ovveride the option with vc4-kms-v3d.

So now, I have a display ok on my computer. I decided to plug the raspbery to my tv and try commands remotely.

So commands like tvservice now worked when connected to my TV but still no signal on the TV HDMI.

Here is right now the config.txt I'm using.

I will turn off the RPI4 and my TV this night and will verify the next day. I read that in some cases, the problem will would disappeared the next day.

Kodi.log

http://ix.io/3lvO

And thank for helping me even if it's not working right now.

Boot to the TV don"t work. I dont user any devices sucha as keyboard or mouse, only power, hdmi and ethernet.

And I confirm, I didn't had to change anything before in the config.txt to make it work.

Right now, kodi boot on my monitor only with the laster night build and raspbian 10.

I have tried many eeprom and vl805 version , right now I have the version 137ad of vl805 and eeprom 2020-04-16. I think there is maybe a solution here.

And for you information, I have found a copy of my kodi.log before the upgrade and I was using version nightly-20201019-ec1292b 9.80 but it's no available to download anymore.

Hello,

I have a issue with my Rpi4. I have updated it to version LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.95.2 because I had issue on downloading subtitles.

Since then, my kodi boot but I have no video when connected on my TV. But if I connect it to a PC monitor it's ok.

What I tried:

- I tried all the versions since LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.1.501.img to the latest nighly built.

- I tried several options on the config file

- I have ordered a new HDMI cable with no luck

- I tried different power source

My TV is old (10 years - Samsung LCD with CEC support) but work since then quite well. So for now, I have a rpi2 acting as a media center .