Posts by hcet14

I opened another thread yesterday. I'm going to put them together and will rename this one. I wrote...

I'm a complete noob. I wrote about my experiences with Libreelec 9.95.1, but nobody answered.

My setup is RPi4 8GB, Astrometa or Hauppauge SoloHD, computer monitor with HDMI input (1920x1080), sound just stereo out of the 3.5mm jack.

I tried many various setups (hardware and software mixed), but it was never watchable. Both TV sticks work fine with Windows 10 (the cheap Astrometa is even better than the expensive SoloHD).

Is it possible with my hardware to get a good watchable and audible output with Libreelec and RPi4? Is there anyboby, who is willing to help me with the setup or share experiences?

Astrometa tuner (15f4:0131) works fine on RPi 4B-2GB / LE 10 Nightly builds / Tvheadend Server 4.2-4.3 / Tvheadend HTSP Client / DVB-T2 so I believe it should work with DVB-C as well.

I don't have problems with Astrometa or Hauppauge SoloHD. BER is 0 and signal strength good. My problem is quality of picture and sound.

Today I used the latest LE10 nightly build. No difference to LE 9.95.1 or 9.95.2! No fun to watch or hear!

One more thing, I also tried the VDR chain with LE 9.95.2, it sucked worse than the Tvheadend way.

Hello,

I'm a beginner with Raspberry and Libreelec!

These are my experiences with Libreelec 9.95.1 on a RPi 4B with an Armor case (EAN: 4251266701552) and an Astrometa USB stick (2014 revision Astrometa DVB-T2 - LinuxTVWiki) to watch DVB-C.

First of all, I also use(d) the stick on W7 amd W10 both pro (I think also W2k and XP) with ProgDVB. No complains at all.

My first try was with LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.6.img.gz. Didn't work at all, but that was probably my lack of knowledge ;)

Setup for Libreelec 9.95.1:

Tvheadend HTSP Client 8.3.0.1

Tvheadend Server 4.2 9.80.11.125

All on default settings.

I couldn't connect to the server over web-if. Disabling and enabling the server fixed that problem.

Installation was smooth. Some minor problems, but I'm a noob.

Sound (stereo 3.5 jack): disturbances, interferences, drop outs, A/V sync problems, voices sound like helium driven (sound funny)

Video: HD so-so, SD remarkable interlacing artefacts (you won't watch that!)

Sky Sport News HD is the channel with the biggest data rate, receiving strength 55% and temperature 110°F ca. 44°C. CPU usage was low.

What can I change to make it better? Is the Pi too weak? My laptop (i7-3520M CPU @ 2.90GHz) is working pretty hard when watching above channel (but perfect sound and video with ProgDVB).

Ok, I just saw LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.95.2.img.gz is out. Does it make sense to try that one or should I give it a try with LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.6.img.gz?

Any suggestions are appreciated.