Posts by evanspae

I have used addon Audioprofile Add-on:Audio Profiles - Official Kodi Wiki

I can now easily toggle between legacy .iso (with menu functionality), SD .mpg And .ts files and 1920x1080 .ts HD files.

This addon should help others to setup profile for best performance for HD and UHD and another for SD then easily switch between formats. I found sometimes it required a double selection, but very versatile. Similarly good for switching easily between audio decoding formats

I am a long term user of Libreelec hosted on various RPI platforms. I am now trying consolidate a strategy of how to handle my legacy

SD .mpg recordings, DVD images, HD .ts recordings, DVD with Dolby/DTS Master audio together with newer 4k UHD formats.

I current use a RPI3 B and a RPI4 4G. I had hoped to use the RPI4 (LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0-nightly-20210421-5aaf229.img.gz) to handle all content on a single Libreelec platform, however, after becoming very excited with the UHD and audiophile multiple channel capability of the latest nightly builds I find myself compromised with the performance of legacy SD and DVD menus etc on the latest RPI4 builds... Yes I know I want it all!!

Maybe the simplest approach would be for me to use the RPI3B for legacy and the RPI4 for the more recent content, after all this works, but to get the WAF for usability a single platform would be preferable.

Here as I see it are the issue;

RPI3B

Good for SD
    Hardware playback of mpg files
    Good interface for DVD menu's of DVD .iso's
    Not enough bandwidth for audiophile multiple channels
    No UHD support 4k etc

RPI4 4GB

Good for audiophile multiple channels
    Capable of good UHD 4k performance
    Poor playback of SD .mpg files (bad interlace performance)
    DVD menus on DVD .iso not working

I know with the latest rpi4 maybe I could setup 2 different profiles SD and UHD, but I am struggling to find a way to toggle between these on a single hot key.

Are other people having similar issues?