Posts by jim_p

The good news so far.

The wireless on the x64 installation has come up after each boot so far, although I only did 2 with 20220625, and that long text of warnings does not show up anymore in dmesg

I am now waiting for it to upgrade and boot to the 20220626.

About the rpi, it connected wirelessly as it should after the upgrade to 20220626, but let's see how it goes the following days.

----edit

I spoke too soon for the x64. First boot after the upgrade to 20220626 and wireless is down again. I brought it up with "ifconfig wlan0 up" and tried to reconnect with connman, but only to get that "Error /net/connman/technology/wifi: Not supported" error.

Do I downgrade to 20220625 now or do I keep trying and post a new set of pastes for good and bad boots?

I think something is wrong here :P

Code
    your Platform is:        Generic-legacy.x86_64
    running nightly is from: 20220625
    and has Git Tag:         ccaf8be
    +++ nightlies currently available on the download server +++
    * for an update:        !!! No updates !!!
    * for an downgrade:     LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-11.0-nightly-20220626-17f7264.img.gz

I risked though and pressed d to "downgrade" to that nightly, checked that the file was copied in the .update folder, rebooted and the update was done correctly.

p.s. Can you please use a paste service or a gist or even make github repo for the script? It's kinda annoying to copy 400+ lines every time and create a new file when you can just wget it and be ready in 1 second.

I want to add that I tested the script yesterday on the rpi3b+ and it worked as advertised. Unfortunately, there was no new build for generic-legacy, so I could not test it there too. I then deleted it and waited for the fixes

And today that there are new buids for both, the script was removed :D

When trying to get the paste for the good log, the url was returned after 3 tries. The first time a message like "nothing to paste" or something like that, the second time it got me back to the prompt without any url and the third time it got the url I posted above, which is obviously wrong.

This situation has happened before, when I was trying to paste some relevant logs from the rpi. So, if the default paste service le is using is faulty, please consider switching to a different one.

I will get a new good paste will be in a few minutes, because I am now troubleshooting some nfs share on my system.

---edit

New paste from good boot

http://ix.io/40Bd

Good boot

http://ix.io/3IV8

Bad boot

http://ix.io/40Ae

I had to connect via ethernet so as to ssh to it and do all that. The 2 minutes of waiting that you asked were checked via uptime, because I am no good at timing stuff without a clock :P

Weird thing of the day is that the first boot was a good one, the second was a bad one and the third was a good one too. I booted for the third time because I wanted to check dmesg about wlan0 and it does say whatever is mentioned above with the warning.

Thank you for the info.

I tested wifi on le 11 x64 a bit more, like so: boot > libreelec settings > connection > check if wireless is (at least) available in there right after boot > reboot and repeat. Out of 10 boots, the wifi was available only in 2 or 3 of them and never twice in a row. The good part on that is that is was also connected those 2-3 times it was available.

I just noticed that wlan0 is not mentioned anywhere in dmesg of the rpi. Is this logical? I checked on yesterday's and today's nightlies, i.e. before and after the upgrade.

Also, has the nightly for le 10 moved to iwd yet? I may switch my 10.0.2 x64 installation to nightly and check if those dropped frames still happen. I am totally giving up on le 11 on x64 by the end of the month because of that wifi issue.

---edit

In case anyone has any idea, this is the... horror that happens on dmesg when I run ifconfig wlan up to bring up the wifi

This does not happen on le 10 or 9 on x64 on the same hw.

Another day, another new weird thing comes up. As usual, the rpi did not connect wirelessly on first boot, so I went wired to do today's update.

First, it stopped at like 95% of the download, so I had to cancel it with ctrl+c and continue it with wget's -c parameter and it completed it after a few seconds. This was happening at the start due to poor wireless signal, but why did it happen on wired connection too?

Second, I did the usual connman procedure of connecting it wirelessly, but connman returned no propmt for the key this time, so I thought it connected successfully. But it did not, according to iwconfig and ifconfig, so I tried again and this time I got this new output of the connection being in progress

Code
    connmanctl> connect wifi_bxxx_4xxx_managed_psk
    Error /net/connman/service/wifi_bxxx_4xxx_managed_psk: In progress

I retried again after like 1 minute but it showed the same, so I let it continue for a couple of minutes, did the procedure again and I was prompted for the key like usual.

Third, once the update was downloaded (and after checking its sum with the same file downloaded on my pc), I issued a reboot. Unlike previous versions where the connection was terminated instantly (especially via ethernet), le 11 takes some to disconnect and putty to report that the connection was terminated. After like 1 minute, putty was still on and returned to the prompt so as to run another command. I then ran dmesg, which showed the usual cec errors that come up when it is not connected to the tv, but nothing more related to the filesystem.

Then I decided to run htop to check if some other process is delaying it, and it said "sh: htop: access denied" (or something like that). Its green led was permanently on, not blinking, so I hesitated to pull the plug. But I pulled the ethernet cable and after like 30 seconds, I finally saw the green led come of and back on again.

Long story short, it booted to the new nightly, I sshed to it, checked dmesg again for filesystem issues, but still no luck. I ran connman again, reconnected to the wireless (it did not ask for the key this time), rebooted, and luckily wireless was active again after the reboot.

That change was done only 1 month ago. 1 month ago I wasn't even using the nightly on the rpi, let alone on x64.

And the issue with that message has appeared very recenty, like 3-4 nighlies ago. Did something else change recently, e.g. the kernel maybe? I am sad, because 11 fixed the framedrops issue that 10 has but introduced that wifi issue. Anyway, I will keep looking.

There you go.

Back to the rpi with a new error in connman. As usual, 1st boot of the day, it does not connect wirelessly so I connect the cable, ssh to it to launch connman to see what is going on. First try returned no prompts to enter the key or anything

Code
    connmanctl> exit

I waited a bit, checked ifconfig, checked iwconfig and it had not connected yet. Back to connman for another try and I get this progress error for the first time ever

Code
    Error /net/connman/service/wifi_bxxx_4xxx_managed_psk: In progress
    connmanctl> exit

I waited a bit more, checked ifconfig again, checked iwconfig again and still nothing. So I tried again and this time it popped the usual "the network exists and has this key" prompt

Code
    Agent RequestInput wifi_bxxx_4xxx_managed_psk
    Passphrase = [ Type=psk, Requirement=mandatory ]
    PreviousPassphrase = [ Type=psk, Requirement=informational, Value=mywifikey ]
    Passphrase? mywifikey
    connmanctl> exit

And it finally connected!