Posts by lawndartdeath

Never mind guys. I was able to roll the driver into LibreELEC 10.0.2 and compile it for the Raspberry Pi 4 just fine. I'm not sure what went wrong when I tried to compile it a couple months ago. Maybe there was a bug in LibreELEC, the driver, or an Ubuntu 20.04 package on my build machine. I'll see if it works for the RPi 2 when I get a chance.

After having WIFI performance issues at the back end of my house with Kodi on my Google TV and my RaspberryPi 4 I decided to bust out my Rpi2 with this adapter. This solved all of the performance issues that I was having.

I can't say for sure what brought on the performance issues. Either my router degraded in some fashion or there is too much radio interference near my house now.

The Techkey-6B06 is a beast. Get one if you find it on sale like I did.

I'll try to roll a RPi4 image with the driver and see how that performs too.

I was able to make it work with 9.2.6 as well. Well, sort of. The adapter works but I was having problems with Kodi being able to play videos. Also, the performance of the menu seemed slower than the official builds. I don't know if it's a problem with my build environment or what. I'm using a Ubuntu 20.04 virtual machine to build these images. The 10.0 build that I made is still working fine.

This method worked for me. I built it against the latest master branch 10.0 quick just to see if it would work. I had to set the Wireless Regulatory Domain to something other than the default setting under the menu LibreElec->Network.

After a reboot I'm able to see my 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz channels and connect to them no problem. I still need to test the performance a bit but my library is indexing at a decent rate. This is on a Raspberry Pi 2 so I'm limited by the USB 2.0 bus.

I'm using a Techkey model: "Techkey-6B06" USB 802.11AC adapter.

I'll try building it against the latest stable branch when I have some time. Thanks smp!