Posts by ShadowMask2020

Why do you enable DRM PRIME? It should not be enabled on Generic as it was never properly implemented for this platform.

Hi,

Just revisiting this out of curiosity, I tried this again and 544x576 video now displays correctly. Also I didn't notice any de-iterlacing issues either this time either.

The only reason I don't use it over VAAPI on my generic 6th gen intel generic HTPC is that it always uses SW decoding and never HW. I'm assuming this is because it's never been fully implemented for generic a informed above, but are there any plans to do so given that it seems to play everything correctly in SW on my system now?

Thanks

Hi, I don't use DRMPrime, I use VAAPI - but when I was having a lot of issues with VAAPI with recorded tv always restarting kodi when FF/RW I tried DRMPrime as an alternative and noticed the 544x576 issue.

I have no issues in either VAAPI or DRMPrime now that I have upgraded to Intel IGPU only HTPC and dropped the AMD Card. DRMPrime works fine on generic for me apart from the lack of deinterlacing, which is why I use VAAPI anyway.

The update to this old post was just for information in case other people have similar frustrations.

I just wanted to update this in case it is useful information for someone.

I updated my HTPC to 6th gen intel, which meant I didn't need the extra amd rx550 GPU for vaapi (was previously using i7-3770k IvyBridge).

I have no issues with DRM Prime at all now with 544x576 SD channels. I also used to have regular crashes (kodi just suddenly restarting) when forwarding/rewinding TVHeadend TV recordings using AMD VAAPI (far more in LE12 than LE11) but this has now also stopped happening.

So, in hindsight, all of the issues I had were likely down to the AMD RX550.

I have also had this on all of the LE11 builds I have tried throughout December, prior to this I had no issues with the default renderer in LE11 (the DRM Prime renderer still does not render 544x576 broadcast video, ony audio)

I'm runing generic - x86 with an intel CPU and AMD rx550

I have noticed that changing resoluton sometimes helps, but the issue always comes back within several seconds: For me there are large flickering black triangles usually across the top of the display whenever the GUI or overlays like Player controls are rendering, these are more visible when pressing buttons on the remote.

The actual video streams for me seems to play with no issues (unless I use the playback cotrols) but I haven't tested that a lot, as it's my daily PVR I had to roll back to LE10 rather than test any further.

Thanks,

I have rolled back to LE10 for now, if I try LE11 again I will be sure to try your resolution change suggestion. I also wasn't aware that decoding in DMPrime was being done in software even if hardware acceleration is selected? It did seem quite a good picture and very smooth on the UK 1080 HD channels which isn't the case with VAAPI software rendering which is noticeably worse for me than hardware VAAPI.

Thanks for the help JoeAverage

I have a TV in the main room and another in the bedroom, they are both Samsung AU9000 with the same panel resolutions and refresh, just a smaller screen in the bedroom.

I have an AMD RX550 in my Generic HTPC and I can connect to both TVs, one through HDMI and one through DP with an HDMI adapter.

Both TVs work, but I have to select which display to use in the settings display dropdown and also manually change the sound output to the correct device. That display then works and the other is blank. The setting to "Blank other displays" is turned off.

Am I right in thinking I should be able to get the display cloned to both TVs at the same time, or is that not how it should work? I have tried LE 10.0.2 and both LE11 generic and legacy nightlies, but they seem to behave the same.

The hope was that I can watch the TV in the main room, then just switch the TV off, go upstairs, switch that TV on and continue watching.

Is this possibe with my setup or would I need to buy something like a hdmi splitter?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

I have started using the nighty builds a lot for testing and I mainly use libreelec as a PVR for FreeviewHD.

I have noticed that if I enable the DRMPrime decoder, any SD channel that is streamed at 544x576 resolution does not display video - either with or without DRMPrime hardware support enabled, though I can still hear the audio and the channel does continue to stream. Other HD and SD resolutions appear to work without issue. All streams do playback ok using VAAPI with MPEG2 HW enabled and DRMPrime disabled.

Is this just a limitation of the DRMPrime decoder that will eventually be updated to support bandwith friendly resolutions such as 544x576? or is there something I can do wih TVH streaming to output this correctly at 720x576 to allow these to play using the DRMPrime decoder?

Thanks

After testing this further, I can see the issue is when sqlite3 is loaded for a second time.

To test, I wrote an addon that simply displays in a ListItem the count of records in a table.

The first time I go into the addon, it works as expected.

If I then exit the addon and go back into it I get the segfault when the addon tries to import sqlite3

This only started happening last month, around the time of the python updates to LE11

For now I've rolled back to using LE10, but was just curious if anyone else has noticed this behaviour with sqlite3.

*EDIT*

I'm wondering if this is related to this python bug: https://bugs.python.org/issue46070

Also, maybe this is related: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/issues/6266

Have you tried nextpvr? not sure if it's any good or not but it seems to be actively supported. Maybe somebody here knows if it's any good or not.

I tried it, and managed to get the DVB-T tuner working through docker and everything seemed really good, a lot better then the previous versions I had tried. I installed it on a bootable USB stick so I can test new releases without messing up my main boot drive.

Then I noticed that there was some mention of nextpvr not being able to wake from suspend to record in linux:

Wake on suspend for recording (nextpvr.com)

As I use suspend all the time I didn't look into it further, and I'm a newbie to linux so don't have the knowledge to even know if there is a workaround for this.

Hi,

Just to report I have solved this issue by removing a pci-e usb 3 card that was driving the front ports of my htpc. I don't really use them much so this isn't a big issue for me, but that was causing the resume hang in LE 10.0. it's possible I added this card *after* testing 9.80 as I changed the case around then and that is when I used the card to get the front ports working, so my assumption it all working in 9.80 was probably misleading!

The card is just a generic usb-3 pci-e card that I bought quite a while ago but haven't really used until now, it has a VLI chip on it and should be listed in the output.log in the above post. This card does work in LE9.2, but not with the later kernels I assume?

Thanks all for help in troubleshooting with this and giving me ideas on what the issue may have been. I m just happy that I can now use LE10 again with the better AMD VAAPI support

Thanks again and if you want me to provide any further info on the usb card just let me know.