Posts by random_human_being_

Thank you, I'll try this asap.

I had edited samba.conf because I wanted to change what folders are exposed.

As for the .cache folder, does that get reset periodically? That is to say, do I need to add line 1 to my autostart.sh?

---------------

EDIT: it works, but all of my folders under /media are also getting mounted automatically. Can I prevent LE from doing so via SSH, or at least set them read-only?

My LibreElec box is currently not plugged into any monitor. I assumed copying ~/.config/samba.conf.sample to ~/.config/samba.conf would be enough, but when I try to open \\192.168.X.XX from a Windows PC nothing is found.

I've then tried

Code
    systemctl start smbd.service, but running systemctl status smbd.service afterwards gives me
    ● smbd.service - Samba SMB Daemon
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/smbd.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled) 
     Active: inactive (dead) 
    Condition: start condition failed at XXXXXXXX ago 
     └─ ConditionPathExists=!/storage/.cache/services/samba.disabled was not met 

XXXXXXXXX LibreELEC systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Samba SMB Daemon being skipped.

I'm using LE 9.2.6 on a J5005 NUC. 24fps content works perfectly, but as others have said 25fps is a mess, regardless of source. Interestingly, it seems to mostly be affected by the upscale algorithm: replacing Lanczos (which is my usual go-to) with Bicubic fixes it (barring a handful of stutters per hour). I don't have any 1080p video to test this on, since all of my 25fps content is composed of either DVD encodes or European TV shows, and I always "acquire" the latter at 720p to save space, but I suspect that if there was no scaling involved the video would not stutter.

I'll try the fix suggested by bossanova808 asap and see if it fixes it for me as well. If I understand what it's doing, it forces the GPU to run at full throttle during playback, whose main drawback would be higher energy consumption, is that correct?

Edit: I can confirm that doing echo 800 > /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0/gt_min_freq_mhz via SSH worked for me. Doing cat /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0/gt_cur_freq_mhz immediately afterwards gives 800, however playing a video and closing it brings it back to 100 while in menus, and back to 800 when playing a video. So as a temporary solution it works well enough for me.

I'm mapping a Samsung infrared remore via ir-keymap. I've placed the following file in /storage/.config :

# table samsung, type: NEC

0x70760 KEY_UP

0x70761 KEY_DOWN

0x70765 KEY_LEFT

0x70762 KEY_RIGHT

0x70768 KEY_ENTER

0x70758 KEY_BACKSPACE

0x7072d KEY_PLAYPAUSE

If I run it via ir-keytable -p NEC -w /storage/.config/samsungremote everything works, except KEY_BACKSPACE, which is ignored by Kodi. It won't even be seen by the Keymap editor plugin, and rebooting doesn't change this behaviour.

If I execute killall eventlircd and then ir-keytable -s rc0 -p NEC -t I get the following output, upon each button press:

2988.987027: lirc protocol(necx): scancode = 0x70758

2988.987061: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x70758

2988.987061: event type EV_KEY(0x01) key_down: KEY_BACKSPACE(0x000e)

2988.987061: event type EV_SYN(0x00).

2989.096477: lirc protocol(necx): scancode = 0x70758

2989.096508: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x70758

2989.096508: event type EV_SYN(0x00).

2989.222889: event type EV_KEY(0x01) key_up: KEY_BACKSPACE(0x000e)

2989.222889: event type EV_SYN(0x00).

... so ir-keytable can see it, but it must be getting lost somewhere along the way, when Libreelec translate its input to lirc commands.

I've tried replacing KEY_BACKSPACE with the following, but the result is the same: KEY_BACK, KEY_UNDO, KEY_ESC, KEY_EXIT, KEY_E.

Libreelec is a fresh install (as of yesterday) on an Intel NUC, using the inbuilt infrared receiver.

--------------------

I've rebooted once more, and now KEY_BACKSPACE works for some reason.

I'm upgrading my HTPC to an Intel NUC. Since my TV doesn't support HDMI-CEC, I figured I could use the inbuilt infrared receiver with ir-keytable to control Kodi. I intend to map the directional buttons and the "Enter" button in the remote to the respective KEY_.

I occasionally need to open my TV menu to change some output settings. When I do I need to use the same directional buttons to navigate said menu. These button presses would, I assume, also be read by Kodi, so that navigating the TV menu would also unintentionally navigate through Kodi.

I'm trying to find a way to fix this, but I can't come up with anything. The best I could think of is to map the "menu" button in the remote to some unused keyboard button, and have this execute System.ExecWait(script.sh) in order to call a script similar to the following:

Bash script
    Code
    #! /bin/bash

test=n

while [ $test != y ]
    do
        read -n 1 -s test
    done

... replacing "y" with said unused button. I'm not sure how I would add a "normal" keyboard button on my ir-keytable keymap: do I just write a normal letter (a, b, c, ...) instead of KEY_FOO, or do I need something like KEY_a, KEY_b, KEY_c, ... ?

Please let me know if there's a simpler solution, as the one above is a literal hack job, and I doubt it would work in practice.

--------------------------------

Edit 05/03: this thread has some info about irexec which maybe could be useful for what I want to do?