Posts by justnowsigningup

Makes sense. I honestly didn't think of the different architectures. I was thinking virtual machine meant virtual machine, but I guess the keyword really is "virtual." Plus, it didn't dawn on me until long after I made the post, but I have one Pi 3 and one Pi 4, so it still probably wouldn't be a straight-up copy/paste/dd operation, anyway.

In the end, I just did it the old fashioned way, but used one of the remote-control apps on an Android tablet. Then I could use the browser to find links and stuff, and didn't have to type things out with my remote in the on-screen keyboard.

Thanks for the input.

I see a lot of people asking how to run LE in Virtualbox/VMWare, but I can't quite find info for what I would like to do.

I'm trying to get LE to run in Virtualbox so that I can do all my configuration, add-on installation and setup, etc., then convert the .vdi to an iso that I can then plop onto the few raspberry pis I have running LE. Is this even possible?

I have the latest rpi2/3 img.gz file. I've converted it to an iso using iat --iso -i  [LEfilename].img.gz -o [LEfilename].iso in the terminal, so that VB will see/load it, but that craps out with a (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED) error, so I'm hitting a roadblock at Step 1b, and it's not making me hopeful for "my" "plan".

Is there some kind of guide for doing this? I can't believe I'm the first one to think of master configuration/mass deployment of LE, but my searches keep coming up with people wanting to run LE in containers.