Posts by Pahchay

I'm having trouble setting up KODI on an additional Raspberry Pi. I have my KODI database all set up just the way I want it on my "Master" raspberry pi and now that it's set up correctly including file paths to a media server on my network, I want to add more raspberry pi modules around my house. I have a Rpi for each tv in my house that I want to duplicate the entire configuration (Sort order, etc.) from the "Master" pi to other locations without having to spend hours setting it up. I tried to image the SD card and put it in another pi but that didn't go well. Is there a single file that I can transfer from one pi to another that contains the KODI config? I can just re-install LibreElec on another pi and move the configuration files over?

Having a similar issue. I have my KODI database all set up just the way I want it. I have a Rpi for each tv in my house that I want to duplicate the entire configuration (Sort order, etc.) from the "Master" pi to other locations without having to spend hours setting it up. I tried to image the SD card and put it in another pi but that didn't go well. Is there a single file that I can transfer from one pi to another that contains the KODI config? I can just re-install LibreElec on another pi and move the configuration files over?

I'm having a similar issue. I made the decision to centralize my Raspberry Pi(s) as they are a bit cumbersome at the point of use which is a couple of flat wall mounted TVs in my bedroom, basement, and hot tub. With the bedroom TV I had to kind of "Stuff" the works behind the TV and while the cords popping out occasionally isn't an issue, I don't really like the ethernet LEDs flashing behind the TV when it's pitch dark. I thought it would be better to just distribute the HDMI cables from my network rack and found this great 1U Raspberry Pi 4 rack that even has 90° converters from the micro HDMI to standard HDMI. I just want to be able to access my media library from whatever TV I'm using, and don't care that would be playing the same signal on multiple displays. Bedroom and hot tub have the same Toshiba Amazon Fire TVs and it's not likely that I'm going to watch one thing in the hot tub while my wife is watching something else in the bedroom. If anything it would be great to start a movie in the hot tub and then finish it in the bedroom. The remote even works to control KODI.
    Didn't necessarily want to buy a separate Pi for each TV, but I will if I have to. Also good to note that a great way to re-boot the power supply remotely is to plug it into a smart outlet. That way if you select "Shut down" you're not forced to go find the power cord and physically unplug it and plug it back in which seems to be the only way to re-boot the Pi after you select "Shut down". Any help or advice on the dual monitor outputs would be greatly appreciated.