Posts by Matthewlawson3

I would like to add I have the same issue with a Rpi 4 2GB. I'm not using audio passthrough, but HDMI direct into a Samsung UE22H5000.

This is the CID of the SD card I'm using "035344534233324780b7154b1e014a00". I believe it's a Sandisk 32GB Ultra.

I see this both on Youtube and on NFSd mkvs. It's completely intermittent, sometimes it will play perfectly, sometimes it will just start stuttering. The same file, the same YouTube video.

Glad to hear I am not alone at least. I am using audio passthrough and everything with that section in the settings is enabled. Using a Sandisk Extreme Plus SD Card 64GB

Disabling hardware acceleration did not work for me. Towards the last 5 minutes of the movie it began stuttering again after working fine for a long while after the last stutter period.

I do and I will test that today or tomorrow. I have just turned off subtitles on all media and de-interlace is set to off on all media as well. I am testing with another film. Will report back.

This problem is not awful, but it is annoying.

Update - 58 Minutes into "The Usual Suspects" it begins audio stuttering a few times. Not until then. Sometimes the video is fine during the stutter, sometimes there is a quick pause in the video and then it resumes. Still on the current stable build.

Will test nightly like I said tonight or tomorrow.

Please disable de-interlacing. You'll find de-interlacing modes when you play video and activate the GUI status bar by clicking "OK" (gear wheel menu, bottom right).

I went into the video settings inside the movie I am watching and switched the Deinterlace method to off. It was on auto-select. Just for reference the changing from optimized audio to best match did not work. I have also switched adjust display rate in the player>video settings to always. My PI is connected to a 42 inch Panasonic 1080p only plasma screen. Checking now to see if my problem with the audio stutter is fixed.

Update - It worked fine for 40 mins or so and then the stutter in the audio returned. I wanted to add that the HDMI cable I am using from my PI to my Onkyo receiver is the HDMI to Micro HDMI that comes with the CANAKIT RPI 4 B 8GB

Hi, I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi 4 B with 8 GB of RAM. I installed LibreElec 9.2.6 to a SANDISK Extreme Plus 64 GB SD card by itself. No other OS on the card. I am using audio passthrough with all the formats enabled to go to my Onkyo receiver. The files are stored on various Internal SATA drives in an external JBOD hard drive enclosure hooked up to the PI 4 B with USB 3.0 to the USB 3.0 port. A network cable is plugged into the PI and SAMBA and SSH is on. Nothing is on that could access the PI at the time of the stuttering. The PI is cooled with a CANAKIT case and fan and the included heatsinks.

I am getting audio drop out/stutter every once in awhile in certain MKV files. If I rewind back to that spot, it does not happen again there. This does not happen on every video. The video portion itself seems fine most of the time.

I need some suggestions to fix this problem.

I currently am testing the Best Match audio setting to see if that helps. Changed it from optimized.

Any other fixes that could help with this problem?

Would it help to change GPU allocation to 512mb? If so, how do I access the raspi-config. Can't seem to get to it through Putty.

I am aware this has been an issue with other people.

Thanks for the help!