Posts by danioj

    Thanks for reporting, I could reproduce the artefact issue with the sample file and narrow it down when that started. I've forwarded the info to the RPi devs (it's an RPi firmware issue) who'll look into it.


    so long,


    Hias

    Thanks for posting.


    Would you mind elaborating on the problem with the Rpi firmware and why the firmware would cause the behaviour in 9.2.1 of LE and not 9.2.0. What changed between versions?


    I assume the Rpi dev will get back to you direct. Would you confirm that when that occurs you will update this post?


    Until then, I guess those of us that require playback of such impacted video are stuck on 9.2.0. Surprised this was missed in testing.

    I know this will not help debug the issue, however I am having the same issue with version LibreELEC 9.2.1.


    I've just purchased a Raspberry Pi 4B with 4GB RAM to replace my Intel Celeron NUC (to save Plex from having to transcode). I utilise Plex Kodi Connect Add-On to access my media library via the Kodi interface. The Add-On is using the default settings (i.e. Direct Play no transcode etc). I have checked on Plex dashboard to confirm that the client is in fact Direct Play'ing the video.


    Installed LibreELEC from the Pi imager application and the install tested fine with the following video:


    HEVC (3840x2160) (02:41:10) MLP FBA


    I then got the upgrade notice and dutifully upgraded to 9.2.1. The same video now tears and or is choppy / pixelated etc (not sure the best way to describe it). I have tried it with two other videos that exhibit the same problem:


    HEVC (3840x1604) (02:28:26) E-AC-3

    HEVC (3840x2160) (02:42:13) TrueHD


    Downgrading back to 9.2.0 sends me back to playback heaven.

    Hello,


    Having had no luck trying to install Retroelec or Libreelec-RR I found your repo which would allow me to install Emulationstation on stock Libreelec.


    Unfortunately, having installed the repo successfully none of the add-ons in the repo will install. I have queried the log and get the following:


    Code
    2020-04-29 12:51:50.163 T:140080559683328 ERROR: Copy - Failed write to file special://home/addons/packages/game.retroarch-8.177.14.zip
    2020-04-29 12:51:50.165 T:140080559683328 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[game.retroarch]: failed to download special://home/addons/packages/game.retroarch-8.177.14.zip


    I wondered if it was potentially a connection issue so I went the command line and tried a wget on the file from the repo and it worked fine:


    Code
    wget https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Gamestarter/blob/master/repository.gamestarter/game.retroarch/game.retroarch-8.177.14.zip
    Connecting to github.com (13.237.44.5:443)
    saving to 'game.retroarch-8.177.14.zip'
    game.retroarch-8.177 100% |********************************************************************************************************************************| 67553 0:00:00 ETA
    'game.retroarch-8.177.14.zip' saved

    Does anyone know how I might debug this?


    I also tried to install some other random plugins from other repos both official and otherwise and all was well.

    Hello All,


    I am writing this in the hope that someone in here also has the same setup as me and can help.


    I currently run stock LibreELEC from within a VM (with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti passed through) on unRAID** and it works perfectly. Based on that machine, I have created one for RetroELEC. I can't get the RetroELEC installation to "work".


    My VM details are:


    CPU: 6 of 8 cores passed through

    Memory: 4096MB

    Machine: Q35-4.2

    Bios: OVMF

    HDD: SATA (5GB)

    Display: 52" Plasma with 1080p panel


    ** Note I am posting here as I don't "think" this is an unRAID issue given I have stock LibreELEC running fine.


    Like I said, exactly the same machine settings as my working LibreELEC machine. I install it easy enough (via VNC) and then stop it and pass through the card then turn to the TV. When I start the machine however, all I get is blank screen.


    These are the relevant entries in the unRAID log immediately after I start the machine:

    Code
    Apr 27 12:27:42 unraid kernel: vfio-pci 0000:01:00.0: vgaarb: changed VGA decodes: olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=none
    Apr 27 12:27:42 unraid kernel: vfio_ecap_init: 0000:01:00.0 hiding ecap [email protected]

    When I start the machine running the stock LibreELEC, the entries are identical.


    I have even (for kicks) tried running the VM setup to run the stock LibreELEC with the RetroELEC disk (JIC it WAS something that I setup differently between the machines) - same blank screen.


    Can anyone help?


    Thanks


    Daniel

    Hi Guys,


    I really had no reason to register other than a desire to get involved in the community.


    This development is excellent. I have been an OpenELEC user and big big fan for years, however the moment I noticed the slow down (for whatever reason) of the development was a sad day for me BUT they say "when one door closes, another opens". A quick nudge from someone on the unRAID forums led me to LibreELEC.


    From the ease at which I upgraded from OpenELEC (which was unbeleiveably easy) to 3 months later (Now) your development is great and I have now upgraded (and YES I do see it as an upgrade) all my NUC's with LibreELEC.


    Thanks and Great Work!


    Daniel.