Posts by Nathan909

An old RPi has much greater support, both SoC-maker and community-wise.

What you might be exepriencing is a memory leak that has been corrected to some extent for the next release. You can try using the latest test build I posted a few days ago that includes some fixes. I hope your experience will improve a bit: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160830160706-r23311-g51fe9ae.img.gz

Just wanted to say thanks and let you know a small donation is being sent your way. We appreciate all you work and help.

No, not this model. I'm not allowed to post any AliExpress links, but this is the description: Beelink MiniMXIII II TV Box H.265 Full HD 4 K x 2 K KODI Media Center Amlogic S905X Quad-Core 64bit 2.4G WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 TV Box.

Features:

1.OS:Android 6.0
    2.CPU: S905X Quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 tot 2 GHz
    3. GPU: Penta-core ARM Mali-450
    4. RAM DDR3: 2 GB
    5.ROM Flash:16 GB
    6. Supports Bluetooth 4.0 and Wifi

I think that's a bad sellers title/description.

I think this is what you have:
    Beelink MiniMXIII II Amlogic S905x RAM 2GB EMMC 16GB Up to 32GB - Android TV BOX - Beelink - Powered by Discuz!
    (not a store link)
    I dont see a MiniMXIII S905x from them on their site.

This is most likely part of your problem

I'm attaching my dtb for both Beelink Mini MXIII and MXQ PRO 4K these dtb files are taken directly from the flash partition from your LE builds and OTA.

OTA Beelink Mini MXIII.zip = extracted from 107L1_0425 OTA from beelink forums.
    LE Beelink Mini MXIII.gz = extracted from flash partition from LE build 005.
    MXQ PRO 4K.gz = extracted from flash partition from LE build 002.

Firmware can be found here Message - Beelink - Powered by Discuz!

I see you posted 2 dtb's for the Beelink Mini MXIII. what dtb do you suggest to use for build 007?
    I assume this is 2G/16G/1000mbs.

Thanks

Hello LE users and developers,

I wanted to get some opinions on user experience and realistic usage limits on running LibreELEC on a S905 vs S905x. I understand you can't run 4k @ 60fps, but I will never use up the space to save/play something that large. I think the S905x is a little slower, but with them mainly using hardware decoding is this a problem or will it be one in the future?

How do you predict the community development on the S905 vs the S905x? I think currently there is more development on the S905, but I think the S905x is catching up quickly. I dont see much going on the the S912.

Also is there any real benefit on getting a 2G/16G. I think LE uses less than 200mb leaving over 800mb for buffering and add-ons. Personally I play 90% of my content from my wired LAN library, but I don’t want to cut my-self short for odd-on streaming. I would think that 800mb is enough for buffering (if LE using that much). Just like most users, I don’t plan on putting any content on the device, just LE OS, thumbs, DB, add-ons. You can currently get a 1G version for under $30, where a 2G is almost 2x that
    Are there any features that you see must see on the next device that you will purchase?

I’ll add a poll, but I’ll make it for, what will your NEXT device will be. I assume if I do it for current devices, I’ll probably see a lot of 1G/8G S905’s.

Thanks,
    Nathan

Am I using the right device tree?

When I say speeds are slow, its when I'm import local library or installing repos/addon, like anything where it might need to save to storage.

I'm pretty sure this is the box:
    Beelink MiniMXIII II Amlogic S905x RAM 2GB EMMC 16GB Up to 32GB - Android TV BOX - Beelink - Mobile - Powered by Discuz!
    I got it from Amazon here:
    link removed

But I think seller had some bad info in title.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Odd how someone took the time to remove an unsolicited link to the box I purchased, (which I'm 100% ok with) all I was trying to do is give complete picture of exactly what I have and what problems I'm having. But what makes no sense is that my issue was never addressed, not even a simple and short "yes, that correct device tree, not sure why it's slow." I did my best to be very through in my device & problems unlike many other posts.

It's defiantly a build or tree issue. Expecially when an old Rpi is literally 60-90 times faster. Which means something on Rpi that takes 1sec, takes over a min on this build. Which is really odd, because Rpi uses an inferior USB.

Not sure what else I could post to help identify the problem. And if the problem can't be fixed, just it being acknowledged so others done spend 20hrs trying fix an unfixable issue.

Anyways

After hrs of diffetent trees and fresh installs ending in the same results I installed build on NAND, ADGENST the advice of OP stating that we should get it working on SD first. Speeds/response times are much better now, closer to Rpi2 speeds.

[hr]

Quote from kszaq

[*]Execute the following commands:

Code
    wget http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/tools/installtointernal
    . installtointernal

Follow on-screen instructions. The scripts says it makes a backup copy of recovery and device tree but in some cases this might not be possible. It should still be able to write LE to internal memory.

Script worked flawlessly on MiniMXIII 2g/16g, thanks

So toothpick trick works no problem to boot LE, once in LE reboot to NAND works for booting back to Android.

I wanted to make this a dual boot without toothpick, using remote only, so I downloaded an app "Reboot Recovery". From reading the instruction it says another method to boot LE is to "Reboot into recovery", but when I use app it loads real recovery. How can I use android GUI to reboot into LE?

Also I’m having some read/write response times/speed issues stated in 7.0.2.006 thread, if anyone can help.

[hr]
    Device: BeeLink MiniMXIII Amlogic S905 TV BOX 2GB/16GB with firmware 107L1_0425

I also tried the image included device tree, same results.

Here is a log of me copying files, I see some errors, not sure if they help
    Dropbox - log-2016-09-04-19.44.07.zip

[hr]

So I tried again from USB, initial boot time is much longer than SD, but LE does not seem to hang inbetween read/writes as much.

I also get odd/mixed results copying from:
    Network to USB & USB to network
    USB to SD & SD to USB
    SD to SD & USB to USB
    Copy always starts out quick, im guessing that is mem-cashing, but then pauses and slows to 2MBs - 8MBs

When I do a local media scan (even only using local .nfo's, not movie.db), it will hang for over 1min inbetween movies, and as you should know this is notmally about a 1sec deal. So im not sure if its when its trying to save thumb or update DB.

Thanks, Nathan

Am I using the right device tree?

When I say speeds are slow, its when I'm import local library or installing repos/addon, like anything where it might need to save to storage.

I'm pretty sure this is the box:
    Beelink MiniMXIII II Amlogic S905x RAM 2GB EMMC 16GB Up to 32GB - Android TV BOX - Beelink - Mobile - Powered by Discuz!
    I got it from Amazon here:
    link removed

But I think seller had some bad info in title.

So I got my BeeLink MiniMXIII Amlogic S905 TV BOX 2GB/16GB with firmware 107L1_0425.

I got LE 7.0.2.006 to boot using/renaming gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb, but the SD read/write speed is super slow. so I tried: gxbb_p200_2G_mini_mxg_2_16.dtb
    Same thing, it boots and has wired and wireless internet, but SD is slow.

I can play network 1080p movies @ 30mbps no problem, but anything the requires read/write is SUPER slow. I check SD and its fine, 86MBs read / 19MBs write on my PC.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Nathan
    [hr]
    FYI just formatted same SD to free up space then ran speed test on box and speeds are 16MBs/13MBs on android
    [hr]
    I just installed LE 7.0.2.006 on a USB and speeds seem good via USB, so its a SD driver issue?!
    Nope I take that back, speeds were ok for a min, but are slow on USB too

I'll be receiving my 2gb/16gb MiniMXIII T95N tomorrow can't wait to install this and test it out.

I also agree with ant_thomas, it would be great to be able to use standard IR commands from our MCE & harmony remotes. Been using these remotes since the OG Xbox (xbox media player) days to current builds.