Posts by elonesna

I have been using SAT>IP tuners (Digibit R1) for several years without any problem, even one of my SAT>IP tuners (Mecool KIII Pro) is 300 km away managed by the minisatip service and sent via VPN to the tvheadend server. I only see continuity errors for channel switching, but they are few and do not affect image quality. Months ago I saw many video image pixelation and continuity errors on the remote tuner when using the ZeroTier VPN. Since I have been using the WireGuard VPN, everything works perfectly. In short, I think the alarms generated by CvH are excessive.

My question is: Is LOLinger78 using a stable version of LibreELEC 9.2.X? because it is not the first time that someone with RPi complains on this forum while using a LE 10.x version.

I don't know where the container is saving data if it is at all. I thought it would be in addon_data.

This is easy to fix. Install docker portainer and click on "Exec console" to enter the minecraft directory tree. If you need to access a directory from LibreELEC then delete the minecraft container and run it again adding the parameter "-v <libreelec-directory>:<minecraft-directory>".

Example:

Search the internet for "linux mount samba directories" and "libreelec cifs mount". In LibreELEC you also have the possibility to use the template "/storage/.config/system.d/cifs.mount.sample" and take into account that "/storage/.config/autostart.sh" behaves like a script that is run at startup. You will need to know SSH and SFTP to access the LibreELEC file system. Good luck!.

When there would be an option to use fqdn instead of an IP address? In my country, the IPs are changing every week and its awful!

If you think that WireGuard is very complicated (it really is not, although it needs the opening of router ports from the WG server network and also allows the use of DDNS in the WG clients (1) replacing the IP address) you can also try ZeroTier. The latter does not need to declare any public IP or open ports on any router.

(1) Example: myddns.duckdns.org, and you need to update the IP address of the DDNS (I do this in /storage/.config/autostart.sh of the WG server (Example: wget -qO- "$@" "https://duckdns.org/update/<myddns>/<myduckdns-token>" > /dev/null 2>&1).

If you want to automate the backup you can make an executable script scheduled from cron similar to this:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    # fullbackup.sh script
    tar cf /storage/backup/$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S).tar \
      --exclude=Thumbnails --exclude=.thumbnails \
      /storage/.kodi /storage/.cache /storage/.config \
      /storage/.fluxbox /storage/.ssh
    find /storage/backup -name "*.tar" -type f -mtime +15 -exec rm -f {} \;

This script deletes backups older than 15 days. I use something like this that runs automatically every 3 days before daily reboot on my device that runs 24/7. It has saved me from some disasters.

The advantage of this method is that it is 100% compatible with the restoration of LibreELEC backups.

Analyze your lsusb or lspci output command after applying the drivers. In my case:

LibreELEC:~ # lsusb

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8001 Intel Corp.

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0bc2:ab62 Seagate RSS LLC <<<---- HARD DRIVE

Bus 003 Device 003: ID 2109:0813 VIA Labs, Inc.

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 2109:0813 VIA Labs, Inc.

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 4037:2804 <<<---- MX3 AIR MOUSE

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 8087:0a2a Intel Corp.

Bus 002 Device 006: ID 18b4:1689 e3C Technologies DUTV009 <<<--- DVB-T TUNER

Bus 002 Device 008: ID 1f4d:3000 G-Tek Electronics Group <<<--- DVB-S/S2 TUNER

Bus 002 Device 007: ID 045e:02d5 Microsoft Corp. Xbox One Digital TV Tuner <<<---- DVB-T/T2 TUNER

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 2109:2813 VIA Labs, Inc.

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 2109:2813 VIA Labs, Inc.

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

My best tuners are IPTV or SAT>IP connected via ethernet and don't need drivers:

- XTi-3442 DVB-T/T2: 2 tuners

- DIGIBIT-R1 DVB-S/S2: 4 tuners

linuxserver/tvheadend docker container

Build for arch: x86_64

Build: 4.3-1966~g04853f0da (2021-06-09T05:05:38+0200)

Which stable version do you guys recommend to update Mecool Pro III S912?

I use CoreELEC 9.2.5 with Kodi 18.9 on this device. I use a minisatip service for forwarding DVB-T channels and ffmpeg together with sshfs for forwarding the stream from a surveillance camera. All this is forwarded to the LibreELEC server located in another town. Mecool KIII Pro also, like any other multimedia client, receives all TV channels, multimedia content and storage space from the server, also allows me to remotely configure the devices on this home network via VPN. Everything works very well.

The LibreELEC AMLGX 10.0 versions for this device are not yet mature but the expectations are good.

Zerotier, unlike others, is a VPN in which all the routing rules must be established to reach other network interfaces, the study of this allows it to be applied to other cases like yours. The basic commands that I use are:

This is a site specialized in LibreELEC OS. I think HiFiBerry handles audio outputs, not inputs. For hardware related questions look at an RPi forum or search the internet for "Raspberry Pi audio input". Maybe this will solve your problem.

heitbaum - Docker linuxserver/syncthing is always the most up to date (now at v1.16.1, not v1.15.1), works great and there is no adjustment to the kodi binaries even for version changes from kodi 18 to kodi 19. I don't use it for synchronization but for permanent and automatic backup of four devices.