Posts by elonesna

you configured docker root dir to be in custom location?

Docker location is not important to me because I only use containers in which I am not interested in their location but only the location of the working directories that I define myself, and avoid specific docker volumes and networks. I can't avoid images but I don't use solitary images either and they are always associated with containers that create these images if necessary.

Can you live without knowing where the 'tar' command is? I do.

The answer is simple: YOUR DOCKER CONTAINERS WILL NOT SURVIVE THE FACTORY RESET.

You have a major problem. The strategy that I use from the beginning of using docker is:

1.- Saving everything related to docker in /storage/.config/dockers:

• Always use the SSH command line to launch new containers. This command line is saved in a script. For example: my launch command for docker tvheadend was saved in /storage/.config/dockers/9981-tvheadend.sh
    • Forgetting to use kodi addons to launch new containers.
    • All settings for each of my containers are in /storage/.config/dockers. For example: my tvheadend settings are in /storage/.config/dockers/tvheadend.

2.- Every three days I do an automated backup using cron on a different drive from the LibreELEC boot disk, deleting the backups older than 14 days (my old memory only remembers what I did yesterday and the day before yesterday). On the first day of each month I make an additional backup deleting the oldest ones of 3 months.

In this way I have no problem in recovering all or part of the system after a factory reset.

There are no magic solutions for your problem, perhaps saving the data directories of your containers before doing the factory reset may be the solution. Go thinking about using another method, good luck!

Sorry, I don't know what you're doing. Installing a WireGuard client is easy:

1.- Create a file /storage/.config/wireguard/WG-DDNS.config

2.- Start up the WireGuard client service

Code
    systemctl start wireguard
    connmanctl connect vpn_luckyluke_duckdns_org

3.- The output of the route command is similar to

Code
    x96air1:~ # route
    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
    default         *               0.0.0.0         U     0      0        0 wg0
    10.10.10.0      *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 ztc3quell2
    10.10.20.0      *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 wg0
    172.17.0.0      *               255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0 docker0
    192.168.1.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 wlan0
    192.168.1.1     *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0 wlan0

The default route is wg0.

Sorry, if you are using an addon to install docker transmission, I don't use this and I can't help you. I have many docker services installed and they have all been installed from the SSH command console, and for this I have needed to study the installation parameters of each one of them, and above all, I always install the docker portainer service to manage the other containers to verify they are running finely, check the storage locations, and do checks within each container.

The most surprising thing about your case is that it seems that you cannot find the files related to your addon transmission. My recommendation is that you spend a little time studying docker and also install the docker portainer service to see what happens to your docker transmission service.

The download directory and the incomplete directory are the same and are in the root directory of your external disk. Do you want this?

If you want to be able to move the download directories to any site on your device from within the docker application you need to add the following parameters

Code
    -v /storage:/storage \
    -v /media:/media \

this will create two new directories within the docker app that will link to your LE device

If i install docker i will get Qbittorrent?

This ssh command will install docker transmission:

it works very well and the CPU consumption is lower when idle than in the case of docker qbittorrent.

The configuration web is at http://<device-ip>:9091 (user: transmission, password: libreelec).

A couple of days ago I tried to install LE 10 over LE 9.2.6 on an x86_64 device and it was a disaster. I have a LE 9.2.6 that acts as a server in a small network of amlogic devices, some with CE 9.2.8 and S912 processor, and others with CE 19.2-Matrix_rc3 and S905X3 processor with which I had no problem updating to kodi 19.2-Matrix. My LE x86_64 server uses very few addons but many docker services and it was impossible for me to update from the LE 9.2.6 version without problems, in the end I had to do a reset to boot with LE 10.0.0 without warnings, but the problems did not end. I couldn't start the tvheadend docker server either, after half an hour I reinstalled LE 9.2.6 again and recovered the last backup, since then everything works fine again with LE 9.2.6. I will wait a few months to make a second attempt at installing LE 10.0.0.

@speedydude : While smp does not explain to us how easy it is to compile oscam-emu, try installing the docker addon and executing the ssh commands:

the configuration directory is in /storage/.config/oscam and the web port is 8888. This works with any arm, arm64 and x86_64 architecture of any linux operating system, LibreELEC included. If you learn to compile oscam you will only learn to compile oscam, if you learn to handle docker you will learn to install many services on any device.

This addon 7.0-generic-special-oscam-7.0.101.zip is dated 2016 and therefore is too old. I think it is better to forget about this and use the docker linuxserver/oscam service which is up to date and works with any version of LibreELEC.

I use a automated mv command daily to move (copy + delete) the local backup of a remote device via a network shared directory and I observed the following: the local file is only deleted if the file was copied to the remote device without errors. I am surprised that you lost the source files without being copied correctly.

... spam the ntp servers ... If no solution is found a cron job to restart the system every so often will suffice but i was hopping there would be a better solution to this issue.

My advice is the same that I use myself: (1) use NTP servers in your country, (2) reboot the device every day using cron, and (3) remove any addons suspected of being malicious. Pihole has helped me a lot, I have it programmed to block more than 250,000 domains. A few months ago I temporarily installed my old Asus router until I verified that both the Skynet firewall and the Trend Micro protection did not report any threats.

I am glad that you saw that the SAT>IP server was not at fault. In my experience the SAT>IP servers work very well, I have a secondary CE server based on amlogic S912 that forwards the DVB-T channels, via SAT>IP, to a main server tvheadend LE based on intel x86_64 located 300 km away, and that in turn, It can forward all TV channels (tuners: USB, SAT>IP, and IPTV) to a CE client also based on amlogic S912 located 3000 km from the main server. Well, everything works great.

What you need is long to explain and there may be many reasons that prevent the update of the EPG on the tvheadend server. Open the address of tvheadend in a browser and type http://<tvheadend-server-ip>:9981 and study the options that refer to EPG. Without disregarding other alternatives my suggestion is:

- Use 'Internal Grabbers' exclusively and forget about 'OTA Grabbers' because they interfere with watching TV.

- Enable 'Force initial EPG grab at start-up' for 'Internal Grabbers'.

- My 'Cron multi-line' for 'Internal Grabbers' setting is "0 */6 * * *" and it causes the EPG to be updated every six hours.

In summary, study a bit the operation of the tvheadend server.