Posts by racky

Is there a decent air flow in that case? I doubt it. You can put in/on a fan, but if there are no other ventilation holes to enable some kind of airflow, then all the fan does is trying to suck the heat out. That's not very efficient.

yes, because of this inefficent i use overpressure for the pi, much better cooling. And without case ~60°C, with case+fan ~37*C.

I don't know your old case, but that could be the issue. New shiny metal case -> problem solved?

I hope, as the problem is random i still testing, but looks good.

Used the official Raspberry Pi 15.3W USB-C Power Supply, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Things i tried:

rp4 without case, onboard wifi <-wifi-> router <-lan-> nas (worked)

rp4 with case+fan, onboard wifi <-wifi-> router <-lan-> nas (freezes randomly)

rp4 with case+fan <-lan-> fritz repeater 3000 <-wifi-> router <-lan-> nas (freezes randomly)

rp4 with metalcase <-lan-> fritz repeater 3000 <-wifi-> router <-lan-> nas (works)

/shrug

The kodi freezes appears since i put the rp4 in a case with a fan (better temperatures than before). I replaced that with a aluminum case without fan and no freezes anymore since 2 days. The only change is the fan connected with the gpio pins.

Is it possible that the gpio pins generate this problems?

(Logs still with timouts, even with the other buffer settings, but no freezes anymore)

Thanks i changed cache settings to:

Code
    <buffermode>0</buffermode>
    <memorysize>350460608</memorysize>
    <readfactor>6</readfactor>

But there is still a: "WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer, WARNING: Previous line repeats x times."

Is the buffer problem a wifi problem or a encode/decode problem?

wifi connection is ~76.1 Mbits/sec (iperf3)

Hi,

i use a raspberrypi4 (4gb) connected to a synology nas (smb) via wifi, since this month kodi randomly freeze. (used this setup since july without problem since now)

systemctl restart kodi - restarts kodi but the first file freeze kodi again

reboot - fixes the problem until it randomly (30m - 1day) freeze it again

Video is playing -> loading cycle appears -> loadings cycle disappears, image stuck but time is playing, if i stop or press return button it freeze.

kodi.log: Pastebin.com - Potentially offensive content ahead!

Hope someone can help me.