Posts by Williams C.

Kodi Libreelec Print server

It FUNCION!
    I have tested it on Rapsberry Pi 3+ (Kodi / Libreelec) as a print server

Hello everyone
    I want to share my discovery. I use my Raspberry with Kodi libreelec and I have an old laser printer with USB. Can Kodi be used as a print server?
    Yes!. After searching many forums and testing configurations I managed to get it to work
    Thanks to all your contributions (and other forums too)

STEP 1:

First, in my Kodi / Libreelec / Rapsberry I installed the addon “Docker” and the Container “LinuxServer.io’s Docker Add-ons”

I connected my old laser printer to the USB port of my Rapsberry

STEP 2:
    On my Windows PC I installed Putty.exe to connect to the Kodi terminal, via SSH
    By default the values are:
    • root user
    • password libreelec

Then, in Putty/SSH Terminal:...

Check if your Raspberry recognizes the USB port to which your printer is connected
    # lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 043d: 00ee Name_of_my_Printer

Install CUPS
    The following command installs and starts the CUPS Printer container in Docker. The line “—restart” indicates that CUPS will start automatically (autorun) every time the system is rebooted

# docker run -d --restart unless-stopped cups ¡-p 631: 631 --privileged -v / var / run / dbus: / var / run / dbus -v / dev / bus / usb: / dev / bus / usb --name cups a0js / rpi-cups

The a0js / rpi-cups package will be downloaded from the Docker container ... Be patient...

When the installation is finished, check that the CUPS container is started

# docker ps -a
    CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
    9ce1205452fc a0js / rpi-cups "/ usr / sbin / cupsd -f" 19 hours ago Up About an hour 0.0.0.0:631->631/tcp cups

STEP 3:

Now, in your pc browser enter the CUPS web interface
    http: // MY_KODI_IP: 631 / admin
    • admin print
    • passw print

STEP 4:

To add a printer in Windows (Internet Printing Protocol)
    http: // My_Kodi_IP: 631 / printers / Name_of_my_Printer

STEP 5:
    Lucky!

W!

Note: To start or stop CUPS Print server (it will always be in start or Stop in Docker autostart)
    • # docker start cups
    • # docker stop cups
    Note: TO REMOVE container name
    • # docker rm cups