Posts by conoral11

These instructions worked on my RPi3B+ too.

I had been having issues where if the system was not shut down nicely, i.e the power was cut then the audio didn't recover.

Using your autostart.sh fixed all this.

Thank you.

Hi there,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting snapserver to run correctly on a fresh install of LibreElec 9.2.6.

I'm trying to stream kodi audio via snapserver.

What I have done:

Fresh Install of LibreElec 9.2.6 on Raspberrypi 3

Installed snapserver from libreelec services repo

Changed configuration from Airplay to Kodi

Rebooted

Selected "PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)", I was expecting to see /tmp/snapfifo however only the PI audio options or this single PULSEAUDIO option are available.

Rebooted

I hear the KODI start up sound on my clients, then nothing. When I play an audio file (MP3/FLAC) the music player never moves of 0:00.

Have I missed anything obvious?

Best Wishes

conoral11

Da Flex

Thank you for your reply.

Thats a shame, as my use case would like to use snapcast.

Here is what I've wanted to setup:

* LibreELEC connected to home cinema system, works as a stand alone appliance. (Done)

* Also on LibreELEC is SnapServer and SnapClient. (Done)

* When nothing is playing on kodi, stream the snapclient to the home cinema (Done)

* When a user uses kodi to play something, don't interrupt the multi room audio (Done)

* Control MPD independantly from Kodi (Done, using Rompr)

* Have MPD as the Multi Room Audio Source, piped into snapserver (Unable)

Is this worth posting on the github as an issue, or is my use case to niche?

Thank you

Da Flex ,

Thank you for your reply.

The binding address exception isn't causing me any issues, its the final line:

Code
    Nov 09 16:57 : exception: nested: No such audio output plugin: fifo

That is giving me a headache.

If i change this to the default configuration output, which is null, then it all works.

I'm not sure how to tell what mpd was compiled with in LibreELEC to double check it has the fifo plugin included.

Hi there,

I use MPD as my audio server for multi room audio.

I'm trying to pipe MPD into /tmp/snapfifo, however it appears as if the fifo plugin is missing from MPD in LibreELEC, as I get the following error message:

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.mpd/config # mpd mpd.conf
    Nov 09 16:57 : exception: bind to '0.0.0.0:6600' failed (continuing anyway, because binding to '[::]:6600' succeeded): Failed to bind socket: Address already in use
    Nov 09 16:57 : hybrid_dsd: The Hybrid DSD decoder is disabled because it was not explicitly enabled
    Nov 09 16:57 : exception: Failed to configure output in line 318
    Nov 09 16:57 : exception: nested: No such audio output plugin: fifo

Is there anyway to address this, other than using a docker varient?

Thank you for your help

I am also having this issue.

Taking a look in the following directory

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.mpd/config

Shows there is a mpd.conf file present.

My client can connect and see the music present, however it can't control the server, and running mpd from the command prompt has the same issue as the OP