Posts by quovodis

sounds great ! once it's available in master - I'll provide feedback regarding testing suspend/resume on my T95max box - one question though, how about using HDMI CEC as well IR to wake up the box ? is that next ?

jernej,

i've tried your latest patches against yesterdays master commit, and it looks good. deinterlacing works and software decoding is also working. thank you !

i'm not noticing any power or heat related problem when watching live tv on the T95max using TVHeadend plugin - I hardly believe it's better built than the Tanix TX6 when considering how cheap it is.

At the same time, I'm a little perplexed with the deinterlacer itself. On my box, it looks it's only performing BOB method, I've noticed the usual tell of judder and ghosting associated with this deinterlacing algorithm. Surely the H6 hw must be capable of better advanced deinterlacing like the PI or other SoC can do.

You're using H3 image on H6 board? I guess you just linked wrong image.

my mistake indeed, i meant to link to the H6 image name ;)

At the time I made those patches, SW decoding path was a bit different...

i didn't mean this as a criticism - just reporting this potential problem, the patches still apply cleanly though on a more recent baseline. The deinterlace module works great from most 50Hz television feeds i gave but i did see the odd tearing from pure 1080i channels, quite visible on soccer games, not sure if this a real issue or an artifact from macro blocking due to borderline SNR on some of the satellite transponders i tried with.

i am curious though, i had a peek at the source code, looks like there isn't much options to configure it; how is it meant to work ? does it gets its clues from the decoder itself using motion vectors, etc... or can it work independently using an 'external' source; i.e. from a software decoder.

Hi ,

i recently bought a T95max (tanix tx6 variant) and tried the image LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-devel-20200908233609-08c8d60.tar, it didn't worked for me, i had no deinterlace option available in kodi. I decided to bit the bullet and build the image myself using a very recent baseline (9.80-devel-20201031184520-cf5a710-tanix-tx6) and your patchset. it still wouldn't work until i realized that module wasn't loaded because projects/Allwinner/linux/linux.aarch64.conf file didn't have have the following change:

Code
    # CONFIG_VIDEO_MEM2MEM_DEINTERLACE is not set
    +CONFIG_VIDEO_SUN50I_DEINTERLACE=m
     CONFIG_VIDEO_SUN8I_DEINTERLACE=m

after this change, everything looks good, i can get the deinterlace option from kodi and it works. However your patchset needs some more work, I tried to open an xvid/avi file and this crashed kodi - i suspect the deinterlace module (/dev/video1) cannot work with decoded frames sourced outside of v4l cedrus codec(/dev/media0) or there is a problem with video pipeline. logs below is the tail end of debug logging, just before kodi crashed.