Posts by DoubleT

Trying this now, but why suggest yet another writing tool?
    I usually use Win32Disk Imager or Etcher, but both seem to have this issue.
    What has changed? Is there something broken in LE causing this?
    [hr]
    And it appears to have done the exact same thing...

[hr]
    wondering why its failed to resize it when i know the sd card works
    it can hold a 7gb file on windows but seems unable to free the space under LE
    [hr]
    Putting this down to a dying SD Card - it seems fine in other devices and not seeing any errors when tested - but an alternate card is now happy.
    Odd...

Thanks for the assistance vpeter

I had to reinstall my LE recently when my rPI shat itself...

Since then i've not been able to keep it running more than a week, its a problem with the partitions not being set right.

I've formatted the SD Card with the offical SD Card FOrmatter tool and done size amendement to get all 8gb back.
    Confirmed with a 7gb size file, and windows computer management - its 8gb
    I then write LE install using Etcher.
    THe card is now 512mb accessible and 6.6gb in another partition

WHen i install the 6gb is full. 2.4mb free.
    As soon as i scan my library in - its full.

the touch resize partition was not working - it reboots and says Operation Not permitted - the system has already been initialized.

Can someone help as im going mad on this now.
    Its happened 3 or 4 times and im about ready to ditch the PI all together

Why is this happening?

Hard to tell which of the many log files you just uploaded I'm meant to be looking at, since they're all full of errors of one kind or another. My advice would be that you start with a fresh/clean installation, and avoid installing SuperRepo which is known to install all kinds of crap causing any number of problems.

Well that's embarrassing.
    Had no idea I was using super repo...

Clean install ahoy!
    Thanks.

Not sure this is a LE issue as its happened once on Win10 Kodi as well...

When leaving Kodi on over night - sometimes it has gone to a fully black screen and cannot be woken.
    My screensaver should only dim - so something has crashed or gone awry.

Im able to SSH in and reboot so i think its just kodi that has crashed, but no way of restarting kodi without the reboot.

puopspfix

Anyone else seen this?

I upgraded from oe to le as well, had the same issue. Just go into the le settings addon and tick the box wait for network.

The problem is, that option is off by default and kodi may start before the network is up and can't reach the mysql server

Yes found that one as after another restart it failed agai. Think I've restored most of my config now and all is well.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

first off massive thanks for this new fork!
    I will be getting involved however i can later in the year when my day job has calmed a little.

For now - ive upgraded one rPI2 and all went smooth except its having issues talking ot my MariaDB back end on a Synology NAS

Logs:
    pyki635za

Any ideas?
    [hr]
    Can't explain it but all seems to be working.
    Kodi crashed and when it came back up, library had returned.

Odd.