Posts by ghtester

The important details regarding to your HW type / setup are missing so it's hard to say.

But make sure your HDD has enough power. Connect it through USB HUB with external power supply as RPi's USB ports have limited output current which might not be sufficient for most HDDs.

Options don't just simply disappear.

I am afraid in this case it really "disappeared" between LE versions, AFAIK also some update in past (most likely some Nightly build a couple months ago) replaced the /flash/config.txt with some default one, different from previous so the original settings was lost.

Perhaps the dtparam=audio=on should be included in /flash/config.txt by default as missing this audio output option (Analogue jack) is confusing many LE / RPi 4B users.

OK, so after several hours of testing Tvheadend Server 4.3 (Alpha) 9.80.11.100 - Build: 4.3-1940 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.80.11.100 (2021-03-10T21:50:53+0100) on LE 10 Nightly, build 20210313 running on RPi 4B / 2GB RAM, boot from 2,5" HDD with USB-SATA adapter, I'll have to revert from Tvheadend 4.3 Alpha to Tvheadend 4.2 due to several serious issues in my case:

- invisible Network name in menu Configuration - Networks despite it's there

- Services from one MUX (originally added as second one) are missing in Services list despite the Network Force Scan show detected Services on it (16)... I tried to Map all services - mapped all except the "invisible" Services from that specific MUX and the Map report said "16 ignored" which is the count of Services from that MUX - really strange, I did not encounter something like that on Tvheadend 4.2. I tried to delete the affected MUX and recreate it but the issue is still same. Tried to reboot & reconfigure but could not fix that, it's really strange and the MUX with specific frequency couldn't be used anymore.

- Kodi sometimes gets frozen or restarted

- the Timeshift offset point still sometimes jumps outside of Timeshift borders during seek and gets messed

- still encountered Timeshift data unexpected cleanup

- subtitles not displayed despite enabled on some channels

- some EPG items corrupted (cut at start), the same issue was in Tvheadend 4.2

So no positive change in my case but many additional and serious issues with Tvheadend 4.3 Alpha

Edit:

- I have "fixed" the MUX with invisible Services issue - needed to create exactly the same MUX more times, after second - 4th addition the Services from that MUX appeared by magic, then deleted the previous - not working MUXes.

- subtitles works on most channels but on some does NOT work

- I have reduced the Timeshift RAM buffer to 500 MB only to try improving Kodi / Timeshift seek stability. Unfortunately it did not help and I have seen again the Timeshift data unexpected clean & Timeshift stop

- the Network name missing in Configuration - Networks menu is related to web browser version. In older Chrome it's OK, in Chrome 87.0.4280.141 build it's missing.

Edit2:

There's a serious bug in the mentioned Tvheadend version - at least in my HW/SW configuration the Maximum size (MB): option in Timeshift settings is ignored so it may lead to unpredictable results.

At first, I would remove brackets and & sign from autostart.sh.

I have no experience with docker but I suppose it's enough to run the docker run command one time to start it so & sign does not make sense, especially when there's the sleep command in brackets as well.

Edit - irrelevant as explained below...

Just installed but unfortunately I see a serious issues in Tvheadend 4.3 configuration

- invisible Network name in menu Configuration - Networks despite it's there

- Services from one MUX (originally added as second one) are missing in Services list despite the Network Force Scan show detected Services on it (16)... I tried to Map all services - mapped all except the "invisible" Services from that specific MUX and the Map report said "16 ignored" which is the count of Services from that MUX - really strange, I did not encounter something like that on Tvheadend 4.2. I tried to delete the affected MUX and recreate it but the issue is still same.

So it seems Tvheadend 4.3 would be hardly usable in my case but i'll keep trying...

Thanks for the feedback, yes as I have mentioned above, Timeshift is configured to use RAM only.

I know Tvheadend 4.2 is known to have some issues, as well with Timeshift, but the current behaviour has changed a bit so that's why I decided to report it.

I have encountered the Tvheadend 4.3 is (thanks to you) available here: Tvheadend nightly builds for LibreELEC

but so far I didn't see it in official repository so I did not upgrade yet. Now when I tried to search, I see Tvheadend Server 4.3 (Alpha) - Team LibreELEC - 9.80.11.100 so I will give it a try... :) Thanks again!

In several latest LE 10 Nightly builds I am experiencing mentioned issue while playing Live TV (DVB-T2). Currently seen on 20210312 build / RPi 4B 2 GB device.

I am using Tvheadend Server 4.2 (9.80.11.125) + Tvheadend HTSP Client (8.2.3.1), Timeshift set to use RAM only, Fit to RAM, 900MB max.RAM size.

The Timeshft data are randomly discarded and it looks it's related to error: LE tvheadend[352]: htsp: 127.0.0.1 [ | Kodi Media Center ]: Disconnected

The issue happens most often when 1920x1080 / 50 FPS stream is played & some Timeshift offset is active. Randomly, after some time (looks always when the Timeshift buffer is full), usually when I try to seek / move the offset, it jumps to 0 offset, the Timeshift data disappears and starts from 0. Sometimes the Timeshift is disabled then (despite it's configured to start automatically) and it's necessary to push stop / start or switch between channels to get it activated again.

In past, sometimes the oom killer was activated, usually killing Tvheadend service. This does not occur now but the Timeshift data are getting cleared which is a bit annoying.