Posts by ghtester

I have downloaded the .gz image (full install) rather than the .tar image (update).

Yes you are right, sorry for the wrong link.

Can you also try to write the LE image to USB stick and try to boot from it if it's the same issue?

Try booting RPi+LibreELEC on a (non-4K) PC monitor or other TV to see if the basics work

A couple months ago I experienced LE (yet installed) couldn't boot with some older AOC PC display (with DVI-D and VGA inputs only) connected through HDMI/DVI-D adapter. As this display had also some strange issue with PC connected through DVI-D (it was not possible to set the resolution to 1920x1080), I did not try to fix / analyze that and trashed it.

But maybe in this case I would try to boot RPi without any display attached to see if there's any progress at least with partition resizing.

OK, I would say most likely another RPi 4B will behave same with your TV.

I suppose your TV has more HDMi ports - try all of them (always reboot RPi), check if there are some settings related to HDMi input(s) in your TV and modify if so (overscan settings - turn off, set PC mode etc... ). Try to set another display mode(s) on RPi (on Raspberry PI OS) - lower resolution / FPS rate in accordance what you see in EDID file that your TV supports. Try to set the same display mode as your tablet is using (including FPS rate).

Also you could even try another Linux distribution (Ubuntu is supported on RPi 4B as well) to check if there's same behavior with your TV or not...

BTW. I am using 3m long 4K micro HDMI / HDMI cable (PremiumCord, bought locally from trusted distributor), even cheaper than yours but it looks more thick & robust (UL20276) and works perfectly with my RPi 4B & several HDMi displays / TVs at all supported resolutions.

Sorry I feel lost because I don't understand anymore what exactly works and what does not.

The cable specification looks OK but you should be able to test and confirm if it's really working properly or not. So at first, I would test with latest official Raspberry PI OS which should work with both your HDMI devices (and even at the same time if you already have 2 HDMI cables).

Then you should be able to say if the HDMI cable(s) are OK, if they work properly and reliable at maximum resolution etc.

Then I would play with LE, default config without any overlays added. As we know LE does not support more than one display, only HDMI0 port (next to the power connector) needs to be used for video, HDMI1 can be used for audio output (with 2 HDMI cables this is also the good test option, to see if you are able to make at least audio working on your TV when video does not work). So if you know what are you doing, you can identify what the issue reason could be. Of course it needs some (huge) time to try several options...

I would try to add the non-default overlays to already fully working LE only. Unfortunately I have no experiences with the mentioned overlays as I don't use them. But I suppose they may need to configure some other parameters as well.

I think I'm going to roll back to version 9.2.6 because I'm tired of testing lots of things but kodi doesn't boot.

Which eeprom version do you recommend for booting 9.2.6 ?

I wouldn't go back to earlier LE versions but I don't think that latest bootloader should prevent LE 9.2.6 from boot. If so, you need to describe what exactly happens at boot, when it hangs, if you see something on screen, what LEDs are doing etc...

If it boots in fact but Kodi does not start (as you say), then you can login through SSH and you may check the logs.

What's your current bootloader configuration (rpi-eeprom-config)?

Yes, try to edit the script to this form:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    case "$1" in
       post)
         sleep 5
         xrandr -display :0 --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 59.94
         sleep 5
         xrandr -display :0 --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60
         ;;
    esac

It's also possible to run the script by Remote Control but it needs some more configuration.

At first, try to run the irw command in SSH console, then push your favorite button(s) on Remote Control and put a response(s) here (if any).

Exit from irw by pushing CTRL+C.

In case there were no responses, the preferred key needs to be mapped first so it would need even more tasks to do... Then try to run this command and put a response here: cat /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

Let me know results and then I could tell you more.

Perhaps you could try this from SSH console:

1) make sure your current script is executable:

Code
    chmod +x /storage/.config/sleep.d/99-toggle_rate.power

2) test after resume from suspend if your script works:

Code
    /storage/.config/sleep.d/99-toggle_rate.power post

3) if it works as expected, create the service which should run your script after resume from suspend:

4) enable the service and test if it works:

Code
    cd /storage/.config/system.d/
    systemctl enable kodiresume.service

I am not sure if it's error free but can't test it in my (different) environment completely. So it's up to you.