Posts by ghtester

A strange issue started to happen after upgrade to latest Nightly builds with kernel 6.6.2

The python script to run in background from autostart.sh now does not work due to error generated after Button configuration:

btn = Button(5, pull_up=False)

the kernel log:

export_store: invalid GPIO 5

But when the same script is started manually from SSH console after OS boot, it works without issue.

Could somebody explain this behaviour and give an advice how to fix it please?

I tried to put a time.sleep (30) before the Button command but it did not help, so it looks like some access rights issue?

OK, it works after some struggling.

10. Migrating from RPi.GPIO — GPIO Zero 1.6.2 Documentation

To control the GPIOs from shell:

# gpiodetect

gpiochip0 [pinctrl-bcm2711] (58 lines)

gpiochip1 [raspberrypi-exp-gpio] (8 lines)

# gpioinfo

gpiochip0 - 58 lines:

line 0: "ID_SDA" input

line 1: "ID_SCL" input

line 2: "SDA1" input

line 3: "SCL1" input

line 4: "GPIO_GCLK" output consumer="lg"

line 5: "GPIO5" input bias=pull-down edges=both consumer="lg"

line 6: "GPIO6" output consumer="lg"

line 7: "SPI_CE1_N" input

line 8: "SPI_CE0_N" input

line 9: "SPI_MISO" input

line 10: "SPI_MOSI" input

line 11: "SPI_SCLK" input

line 12: "GPIO12" input

line 13: "GPIO13" input

line 14: "TXD1" input

line 15: "RXD1" input

line 16: "GPIO16" input

line 17: "GPIO17" input

line 18: "GPIO18" input active-low consumer="ir-receiver@12"

line 19: "GPIO19" input

line 20: "GPIO20" input

line 21: "GPIO21" input

line 22: "GPIO22" input

line 23: "GPIO23" input

line 24: "GPIO24" input

line 25: "GPIO25" input

line 26: "GPIO26" output consumer="gpio-ir-transmitter@1a"

line 27: "GPIO27" output consumer="lg"

line 28: "RGMII_MDIO" input

line 29: "RGMIO_MDC" input

line 30: "CTS0" input

line 31: "RTS0" input

line 32: "TXD0" input

line 33: "RXD0" input

line 34: "SD1_CLK" input

line 35: "SD1_CMD" input

line 36: "SD1_DATA0" input

line 37: "SD1_DATA1" input

line 38: "SD1_DATA2" input

line 39: "SD1_DATA3" input

line 40: "PWM0_MISO" input

line 41: "PWM1_MOSI" input

line 42: "STATUS_LED_G_CLK" output consumer="ACT"

line 43: "SPIFLASH_CE_N" input

line 44: "SDA0" input

line 45: "SCL0" input

line 46: "RGMII_RXCLK" input

line 47: "RGMII_RXCTL" input

line 48: "RGMII_RXD0" input

line 49: "RGMII_RXD1" input

line 50: "RGMII_RXD2" input

line 51: "RGMII_RXD3" input

line 52: "RGMII_TXCLK" input

line 53: "RGMII_TXCTL" input

line 54: "RGMII_TXD0" input

line 55: "RGMII_TXD1" input

line 56: "RGMII_TXD2" input

line 57: "RGMII_TXD3" input

gpiochip1 - 8 lines:

line 0: "BT_ON" output consumer="shutdown"

line 1: "WL_ON" output

line 2: "PWR_LED_OFF" output active-low consumer="PWR"

line 3: "GLOBAL_RESET" output

line 4: "VDD_SD_IO_SEL" output consumer="vdd-sd-io"

line 5: "CAM_GPIO" output consumer="cam1_regulator"

line 6: "SD_PWR_ON" output consumer="sd_vcc_reg"

line 7: "SD_OC_N" input

# gpioget GPIO17

"GPIO17"=inactive

# gpioset -t 0 GPIO17=1

# gpioget -a GPIO17

"GPIO17"=active

I don't expect somebody of developers could have a look on it but there's a log of issue encountered.

It's too big for pastebin so I have used the local sharing platform which can hold it for 30 days:

https://www.uschovna.cz/en/download/MZIDD66ZDCVY2LBS-4F5/5693GL2MA6/

The issue happened at about 9:19 when the short stream data corruption led to silenced audio.

Then I rewound a bit using timeshift and enabled the debug output So the issue repeated again at about 9:31.

I would expect the audio should be restored quickly but it stayed silent.

I also have the stream data recorded (at the time of the issue) by tvheadend but due to format used it can't be easily played.

Thank you for info & offer, in the meantime I have switched back to Tvheadend which works a bit better for my usecase, so I'll wait and give it a try again when the NextPVR updated version is available in LE add-ons.

Well, I don't want deleting the channels and limit to 490 mux only. Hopefully you should be able to find the issue anyway.

Instead, I tried to clear the EPG data in both NPVR and Kodi, restarted both and expected EPG should be clear. But some channels still kept the EPG data in Kodi. Tried to Update EPG in NPVR, only 2 muxes were scanned (514 and 490), NOVA channel (and most others) still empty.

ghtester I was just checking why fullmux642 (with Nova) was not working here and I found that it has 2.89% transport errors. with zero in the others (using tsduck).

This is not the correct mux. I have been mentioned NOVA channel (the name with all capitals) which is on fullmux490.

Yes the error rate is a serious issue (for Kodi live play which is unstable then) but this is not the case as this mux has 0% error. So far I was not able to get the EPG from NPVR for channels you can see on recent screenshots.

I cannot speak for other users setup but my TVH streams are passed raw and unprocessed directly to LE client without any issues.

The same here.

In the spirit of the LE project open source solutions will always be preferred over closed source commercial solutions every time. If you’re in any doubt about that just contact the devs/mods for clarification.

Personally I don't care much about closed sources [as it is sometimes the case (at least partially) even in Linux world] if it's working as expected, does not contain any bloats and even available free.

The data screen is not supported in either pvr.nextpvr or the API to the backend. never saw the point to implementing providers as it is mainly cosmetic.

FYI in Tvheadend this works fine; if such items are in Kodi, it would be fine to be supported by add-ons as well - it's useful at least for debugging because from Kodi you can't see this info elseewhere (AFAIK) and sometimes you need it.

The signal strength info can be of value but only for digital tuners and is not multi-platform and is sometimes incorrect. I know when my signal is bad by watching but no doubt technical users who are used to it will miss it.

Well, this looks to be a common Kodi's issue. I have reported that in LE forum a couple years ago but nobody from devs cared about it. So I had to make a custom scripts for my tuners that show that info correctly in right top corner when I activate it by button like you see on screnshot in post #14.

Watching TV and doing an EPG update is not supported and will cause issues. If you must do it issue a pkill DeviceHostLinux in PostUpdateEPG.sh

I understand but it "repaired" the tuning (I suppose temporarily and after reboot or NPVR service restart it won't work again).

Thanks for the additional info regarding to PostUpdateEPG.sh.

I don't know how this works in Tvheadend but it's much better for sure (except the occassional EPG database corruption/screwing).

Perhaps you should consider looking for (conditional, configurable) EPG update after switching channels (switching channels in NPVR is very slow anyway, if it ever works, compared with Tvheadend).

NextPVR logs would tell us why only on frequency is being scanned.

The log posted earlier, hopefully it should be there.

I add your 490 fullmux and I don't have any problems with NOVA. https://imgur.com/a/nTEOQXd Do you know any channels that don't provide data that should?

Please look at the screenshots where you can see the channels with empty EPG (not all of them are provided but at least several of them should)

BTW. I have different channel numbers, AFAIK first 11 I have changed manually (edited channel nuumbers to have the prefferred channels at first 11 positions in Kodi) through NPVR web GUI (but I think it should not be important regarding to empty EPG)

I think sub got it to work, Kodi channel 6 is xmltv but OTA looks better now https://imgur.com/a/99TrRBZ Thanks for providing the full mux streams.

Thanks for the update, this is correct now. :)

No, even the channel change to another on the same mux fails. So it's probably some configuration different from defaults (on NextPVR service/client) which make troubles. I need to restart the service.nextpvr to be able to open any channel again.

BTW. there must be more things wrong as I don't see any info about the Service / Provider in Kodi (when the LiveTV channel is playing properly).

The EPG texts on your video are also improper (the same bad diacritics like I see here). It's somehow readable though so it's not the major issue.

Edit - Huh, the tuning now works. What I did? Tried to force updating EPG as the NOVA channel did not still have any EPG info. So I tuned to NOVA channel in Kodi, in NextPVR web GUI invoked EPG update which interrupted playing the NOVA channel but now I am able to tune... EPG Update is still running and scanning all frequencies (don't know why it now scans all frequencies and sometimes only 1 frequency). It's interesting no EPG update happened as some channels (including NOVA) have it empty still.