Posts by sanjonny

Just wanted to add for anyone who might come across this later and have the problem i had and have docker version of mariadb....after updating to 11.0.1 and downloading the updated docker addon and mariadb addon I was finally able to fix the db...Whew.

After updating everything, ssh into the pi and ran docker ps...that still gave the weird reading where it doesnt show the container as shown earlier, but then just running

Hopefully somebody can give some answer. I have dug through most on this and other websites and dont know what im missing but so far no idea about the docker thing either. im guessing maybe its one of those listed but doesnt show and a week later still no closer to finding out how to fix.

I am also having this problem in various forms. I tried the directions after hours of searching and playing and still cant figure out what im doing wrong.

trying to update database that is on libreelec mariadb docker via libreelec.

login but cant do mysql update...

my database 119 is there when i login using heidisql and it works fine when accessed via devices for version 19

when trying to upgrade something goes wrong so i am sure i need to try the update db thing.

from the kodi linked article:

on my mariadb ran the following commands.

donald@ubuntu:~$ docker exec -it mariadb /bin/bash

root@mariadb:/# mysql_upgrade -h127.0.0.1 -P 3306 --protocol=tcp -uroot -p

my database is on my pi that i am trying to upgrade. from putty doing :

LibreELECkitch:/ # docker exec -it mariadb /bin/bash

Error response from daemon: No such container: mariadb

which means i cant go any further

i have granted super user priv but also this problem....

LibreELECkitch:/usr/bin # docker ps

CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES

2dcc801679c7 adguard/adguardhome:latest "/opt/adguardhome/Ad…" 7 months ago Up 7 months 0.0.0.0:53->53/tcp, :::53->53/tcp, 67-68/udp, 443/udp, 443/tcp, 784/udp, 853/udp, 0.0.0.0:80->80/tcp, :::80->80/tcp, 853/tcp, 3001/tcp, 3000-3001/udp, 5443/tcp, 5443/udp, 0.0.0.0:3000->3000/tcp, 0.0.0.0:53->53/udp, :::3000->3000/tcp, :::53->53/udp, 8853/udp, 6060/tcp adguard

even though maria db is running it doesnt show the container...obs am running adguard too.

i have even tried custom databases and that seems to work but i lose all the watch history if i start over. I think i just need the right command to try and update my db i guess? I have tried on several different client machines but cant get a working 121 database.

in case i didnt mention it, this is using the docker linuxserver mariadb addon that we can get for libreelec

thanks in advance for the help...

I think I am loosing my mind. I installed adguard in a docker container from linuxserver.io based on threads here. Now I can't find any of those references yet the docker container sitll exists, etc etc. Anyway. Adblocking works fine but I am having problem with DHCP. I am sure it is a docker port issue but I cannot figure it out and I think there are bugs that happen when selecting that because after selecting dhcp, the container never works again. Sniffing traffic it basically kills the container on reboot so i have to wipe it, reinstall the backup container and then restore the config file. Anyway. my issue is when activating dhcp inside of adguard....which works fine for blocking up to this point, it selects an ip address of 172.XXX.XXX which I imagine is the docker container address and gives an error that static ip is not set for the pi....even though it is. It tells me to configure a file I cant remember (i think like dhcpdns.conf or something) which doesnt exist on the pi) and when I then try and ignore that, when the pi reboots, no connection is made. In the addon configuration it says to do dhcp to open 67 and 68 but everyway I tried to do that failed and redirection failed too. Basically i think behind the scenes when the image tries to configure the container for dhcp, it kills whatever worked before and therefor kills dns access too. I tried lots of docker pages to try and figure it out myself but I either dont understand enough docker stuff or whatever that I can't make it work.

I saw that someone else said just use Adguard DNS, but that is woefully bad compared to using the adguard home for a ton of reasons. So while that might be the rookie solution, Adguard works great except for me not being able to get dhcp to work, Logs dont tell me much so far, so every suggestion or help I am open for and i will gladly provide whatever anyone needs to help troubleshoot.