Posts by gareth820

I have managed to get my cubox-i to run LibreELEC 7.0.2.
    However, while it seems to be able to connect to my NAS and see the media, and also connect to the internet, it is unable to download images and other info from TVDB or MovieDB.
    Also, I tried installing the YouTube Add-on and it keeps failing. Yahoo! Weather is also unable to retrieve information.
    The news thingie on the bottom is also not showing up, but the time and date seems to be right.

I also tried hard resetting the LibreELEC and noticed that it is unable to start the journal service and the dependency fails for Flush Journal to Persistent Storage.
    It tries again and then after it stops.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my setup? Thank you.

Gareth

I just figured it out... I was using the wrong file.

sorry.

thanks anyways...
    [hr]
    Hi, troggy... I missed the section for manually updating from OpenELEC. It turns out i was trying to update OpenELEC with an update file mean for a previous version of LibreElec.
    I think i have downloaded the correct file this time. Although it seems to be taking a long time to install. I hope I don't run into any issues.

Anyway, thanks so much for the response.

Gareth

As I understand it: Libreelec will update from an img.gz file in the update folder but openelec won't. So you need to use the zip file to migrate, after that img.gz will work for upgrades.

Hello.

I have just found out about LibreELEC and have been wondering what had been going on with OpenELEC these past several months with Jarvis having been released.

I would like to ask for some help regarding migrating from OpenELEC 6.0.3 to LibreELEC 7.0.2 on my imx6 Freescale device.
    I would like to be able to keep my existing configurations and database.
    Will this be possible?

I have downloaded LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.0.2.img.gz from the downloads section and attempted to place the file in the Update folder of my device, but whenever I reboot OpenELEC, it just ignores the file. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Thanks.

Gareth