Posts by Master One

I have tried LibreELEC 9.2.4 Generic on my Clevo N130WU ultrabook with i5-8250U / Intel UHD Graphics 620, which has a HDMI port capable of 4K@30Hz and a miniDP port capable of 4K@60Hz.

I have bought a miniDP to HDMI adapter and a HDMI cable that are supposed to support 4K@60Hz, but strangely when using that connection, LibreELEC identifies the connected monitor (a ViewSonic PX747-4K projector with HDMI1 input capable of 4K@60Hz) as HDMI1 and only offers 4K at a maximum of 30Hz.

Is that a limitation of LibreELEC / Kodi or what other reason could there be for not being able to utilize 4K@60Hz?

P.S. On my search for more information I have stumbled across the setting “hdmi_enable_4kp60=1“ in config.txt, but obviously that's only for the Raspberry 4 as there is no such file in the Generic x86_64 installation.

What to buy if looking for an out-of-the-box LibreELEC experience, that is capable of 4K@60Hz / x265 / HDR / digital audio (*)?

I have no experience with any SBC / Arm hardware and something bare-bone (without RAM/HDD/SSD) would be preferred, but I'm open to any suggestions.

(*) I already have a HDMI audio extractor with optical output, a miniDP to HDMI adapter and an external USB soundcard at hands, so the box does not require a dedicated digital audio output.

So I have been unsuccessfully trying to get LibreELEC 9.2.4 Generic to run on two different laptops, one is a Clevo N130WU with i5-8250U, the other a Clevo N151CU with i7-10510U, both with Intel HD 620 graphics:

• i5-8250U: System boots and seems to work as supposed to, but as soon as a video is started with the media player, all text disappears, only the icons remain, and I have to either restart or toggle the monitor output setting.
    • i7-10510U: System does not boot, it hangs with "Starting Xorg-Server", then writes something "GPU not supported?" and gets caught in a loop with trying to start the xorg server.

The info found on the "text disappearance" problem is not conclusive, there are quite a few reports about it without solution, and in my case it's not about an older graphics card likely to cause problems with recent drivers. Any logs did not seem to help, so I didn't even bother. As for the i7-10510U it likely will require a newer version of LibreELEC?

I'm really just trying to quickly get one of the two laptops (preferably the newer one with i7-10510U) to work with LibreELEC as an intermediate solution for my home cinema until I have decided on which way to go for a dedicated LibreELEC box.

Any hints are welcome.

P.S. I'm glad to report back that today's nightly seems to be working on the i7-10510U, so it boots OK and when accessing the media player, the text does not disappear. I'll take a closer look in the evening when playing around with it in my home cinema setup.