Posts by Anewmission

Anewmission Thanks for reporting back! So your DAC is able to play high sampling rates, but maybe your x86 USB is too slow. If you have different USB standards on your x86 PC, connect the fastest to your DAC.

What's your x86 hardware?

Your question was about the MPD add-on. Do you really use this, or just the default audio playback of LE?

To help us finding the issue, do this:

1. Activate debug logging at GUI (HUD overlay appears).
    2. Reboot.
    3. Reproduce the DSD playback issue.
    4. Login by SSH.
    5. Run pastekodi.
    6. Post the resulting link.

no idea how to login via ssh?

I'm not using it, so I can't explain much. Have a look at the last two pictures of the linked thread, and you can see the goal:

The user has Spotify on his mobile phone (second pic), and he connects it to the MPD add-on of LE (first pic).

He has been selected a HiFiBerry Digi2 Pro for audio output, which is able to play DSD. I'm not sure which codec is used to transfer the DSD audio from RPi 4 to HiFiBerry. An USB soundcard maybe works, too - I don't know.

for the moment i am just wanting native dsd working.

i am using a topping d50 dac via usb.

sacd.iso are working but still coming through at 44.1

i have many dsd/dsf files.

they refuse to play

I installed SACD ISO support (version 0.1.2.4) on both of my Intel NUC's and rebooted. All my SACD ISO files were now visible and played perfectly - even the multi-channel ones. I understand why my AVR displays PCM instead of ISO when playing these files but truthfully, when I play an SACD ISO with my old Sony Blu Ray Player and the AVR displays "SACD", I hear no difference at all. I am 70 years old now and maybe my ears can't distinguish the difference.

I have no idea what the wavpack dsd/mpd addon is for or what it would add to your listening experience, so I can't help you any further. I suggest you look for help within the forums for the addons instead of Libreelec.

Good Luck

which avr do you have? I can explain that side of things for you.

Computer hdmi will not output dsd (the higher bitrate layer of the sacd disc) hopefully there will be support in the future. So for the moment it is being converted from dsd to pcm before leaving the nuc.

Some blu-ray players, oppos, denons, Cambridge audios and some Sony blu-ray players will play sacd.iso over hdmi to certain avr's . That is what is going on.

I have a Denon 3808ci avr which is capable of sacd over hdmi. However not from a computer.

There is another thing that will give you sacd quality from your nuc and that is called a digital to audio converter (dac). You would need to output from the nuc into the dac via USB to get the highest quality. If you choose to buy a dac, you would need to make sure it's compatible of playing dsd. A pair of rca or xlr would be needed to feed the dac into your avr. This will be stereo channel not multi channel.

Here is an example of a dac

https://www.amazon.com.au/TOPPING-D90-Bl…r/dp/B082PVQDG1

I hope that clears up why you are not getting that sacd symbol show up on the amp when using the nuc.

This is where it gets even more confusing, very modern DACs now have a new input called i2s. This uses a HDMI cable. However it is not a HDMI signal, it just uses the cable. The only way to get the i2s signal to work from a HDMI port is with a switch in between.

Here is an example of those converter switches

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-interfa…al-p-13419.html

Note, I'm sure 99% of the avr in the world don't accept i2s. Only DACs for now and very modern home theatre preamp/processors.

ahhh i have spent days on this... could someone please give me a step by step guide on how to do this? with working links to any zip files i need

so far i have updated to the latest version of matrix and enabled sacd.iso audio decoder

i am still not able to play sacd.iso and when looking for them in the files section of music in libreelec the folders are empty

i dont quite understand the wavpack dsd/mpd. alot opf the links are working.

if anyone could take 5 minutes to guide me through it i would be so appreciative

LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.97.1.img.gz

Click on LibreELEC 10.0 Beta

thankyou so much for your help. i am still trying to work out the wavpack/dsd mpd side of things.

i am using a pc, not raspberry pi unfortunately.

i made a post on stereonet. people will take note and hopefully have some more audiophile coders move to libreelec after what i had written

Looks like kodi might be back in the audiophile game - Digital Sources, DACs, and Computer Audio - StereoNET International

dsd will only work via usb, unless you have a i2s output from your pc or rpi, hdmi cant send dsd, unless you buy a conversion box which converts from hdmi to i2s.

some avr's are capable of doing dsd over hdmi from certain cd/bluray players. for example my denon 3808ci. however that is only from players such as oppo's, cambridge audios, denon and a few other bluray players. sony does one for cheap but i dont listen to enough physical cd's and dont own any sacd's

i wonder if there will be a way that hdmi from pc will be able to work with these avr's doing dsd..

just a little bit of information regarding why some people may see their dsd files as pcm on their avr's

luckily i have a few usb dacs

LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.97.1.img.gz

Click on LibreELEC 10.0 Beta

so sorry i misread your comments above.

i updated to the latest matrix, found the sacd.iso decoder. im just about to try it.

this was at very early hours of the morning so i couldnt do much.

now to get the dsd/mpd working.

the only thing was when i updated pretty much all my addons broke. thats ok i will spend a few hours getting the matrix ones.

two more audio questions. is there a tidal addon for matrix? and will the deezer addon stream at 192khz?

What version of Libreelec are you using ?

You must be running LE 10 (Matrix) (Kodi 19 or 19.1) in order to install the correct addon. The actual LE download number is 9.97.1 (latest).

The link above is to Kodi's Forum pages and the thread is about playing DSD / SACD files using XBMC (old name for Kodi). I don't know where you saw info on ripping SACD's with a PS3 unless they discussed that in the thread.

Is this the wrong version?

What version of Libreelec are you using ?

You must be running LE 10 (Matrix) (Kodi 19 or 19.1) in order to install the correct addon. The actual LE download number is 9.97.1 (latest).

The link above is to Kodi's Forum pages and the thread is about playing DSD / SACD files using XBMC (old name for Kodi). I don't know where you saw info on ripping SACD's with a PS3 unless they discussed that in the thread.

I'm using Kodi 18.9

9.2.6?

If my system info page is correct.

well I guess the only way to know is to ask right?

If this is the case, I think people would be verrrrrry interested and will be my little project over the upcoming days.

I just have a feeling that my dac could be the problem then.

I might start a thread titled "compatible dsd dac's" and ask everyone to list their dac who was able to get this working.

Libreelec I love you haha. You continue to suprise me and make my life and entertainment better without paying a cent.

I am going to donate because if I can get this all working why would I pay to have roon when Kodi can do everything, plus more, plus video and tidal/YouTube clips... Speechless.

I don't suppose anyone knows if Amazon prime music addon will ever make it's way to Kodi?

I posted in another thread that I was interested in whether libreelec could play dsd audio through dsd compatible dac's.

The music portion of Kodi is fantastic as far as metadata, album art, lyrics ect. And when used with a nice remote such as yatse or the official remote it is a great headless music player.

Having tidal and Spotify add-ons, and hopefully one day Amazon music it's a great thing.

The only reason I use a separate music streamer is because I have a collection of high resolution dsd audio files.

The music streaming os I use is called snakeoil os. However there are many such as daphile, rune audio and more.

Some of these streamers have the option of using different audio wrappers and backend/front ends such as Logitech media server, roon, Spotify connect, mpd and lots more.

I have tried them all, Logitech media server has a few add-ons of its own, Deezer, tidal and some more. However the sound quality from mpd is just something that made me fall over.

Music Player Daemon (MPD) is a free and open music player server. It plays audio files, organizes playlists and maintains a music database. In order to interact with it, a client program is needed. The MPD distribution includes mpc, a simple command line client.

The ability to be able to push YouTube audio to Kodi is another thing that these audio os are not capable of doing. Spotify is always hard to set up and half the time tidal doesn't work.

I think because libreelec is already mature with so many coders. It could be so easy to add certain audio features that will have audiophiles shifting over in the millions.

If no one else cares about this please dismiss this thread however if these were implemented. We would have an even bigger community with an all in one solution.

Just a thought and I hope someone knows what I am talking about.

When using mpd currently with snakeoil I have to use bubbleupnp and send my music via something called upmpdcli . Which I guess is mpd's upnp protocol