Posts by Millman

Hi Zomboided,

I have managed to resolve the issue, but with difficulty. After resetting the vpn provider settings the issue still remained. This was occurring on both RPI’s using the same reset methods. It wasn’t until I disconnected from my new talktalk isp router (wired & wireless) and used the hotspot connection from my iphone that i was able to stop the authentication error message and connection occuring. Strangely though, now that the Vpn has been set up, the reconnection to the talktalk router works without issue.

Authentication is still working for me, but I can't do the final connection because my account is expired. so I think authentication still works. If you reset the VPN provider (settings/utilities) it'll delete the current settings and you can force a full authentication again.

The user ID and password to connect is not the same as you type into the GUI - it's retrieved from Nord using the API. Just because the user ID and password you use to access their services hasn't changed, it doesn't mean the one you're using to log on hasn't changed or expired. I thought the code dealt with this and retrieved a new user id and password. If it happens again I'd like to see a trace with debug and http tracing set on (settings/advanced)

Hi zomboided,

Thankyou for coming back to me. If I’m honest with you, I don’t understand what you have written. But that says more about me than you. All i can explain is that the credentials that i have been putting into the addon to sign in, are and have always been the same and was working up until some point last week. I’d already tried resetting vpn settings several times but that failed with error messages.
    I have changed my isp router in the past week, and wondered if that could be affecting it, but logically that doesn’t follow as I’ve previously plugged the device into several other routers and the VPN has worked without issue, so therefore ruled that out.

Hi Everyone, I’ve just signed up here specifically for this request for some help. I have a NordVPN account and have been successfully using 2 Rpi’s through my VPN using Zomboided great addon, but all of a sudden this has packed up this week. I wondered if there was any reason for both RPI’s to stop working VPN through the addon via ethernet or wifi connection. The addon will no longer connect to NordVPN and says error check sign in details. These details haven’t changed as they still work on other devices (phone, PC).
    Any help would be really appreciated. Many Thanks.