Posts by klashh88

It worked 3.5 year ago, when they had passwords on their keys. Totally conceivable that they've changed it since then, I don't use them.

I'd want to see a log but likely if you want this to work you'll have to go fetch their latest .ovpn files so I can update everything.

So, I contacted VPNSecure support and they sent me a OVPN file for me to use. It does not work either. I am getting the same "certificate expired" error. See attached screenshot of the log.

One issue I am seeing is that their OVPN file has port 1282 but VPNManager is connecting to 1192 per the log. I even tried to disable "Use VPN provider default UDP port" option and manually enter 1282. But from the logs, I am seeing that its still trying to connect to 1192. I contacted their support again with the same error and they are blaming the port as well.

Let me know if you want me to private message you the OVPN file

FYI - I tried to use their OVPN file on OpenVPN in Mac to test it. It seems to work fine and connect without issues to port 1282. Just doesnt want to work in Kodi VPNManager alone : /

Here is the OVPN file (removed the actual certificate and keys obviously). I wonder if the port number is not positioned the way your code expects?

client

proto udp

dev tun

remote us5.vpnsecure.me 1282

cipher AES-256-CBC

verb 3

mute 20

keepalive 10 120

comp-lzo

float

<ca>

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

</ca>

<key>

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

</key>

<cert>

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

</cert>

Hello there

Is VPNSecure still working for this? I got a VPNSecure account, generated fresh key, cert from member area. Then reset all settings in VPNManager for OpenVPN in kodi and configured by following the below steps

- Choose VPNSecure as VPN provider

- Entered username and password

- Then clicked configure first connection

- Chose United States 5 (UDP) server

- Selected my username.key file emailed by VPNSecure

- Selected my username.crt file emailed by VPNSecure

- Now its asking me to enter the password for the key file. I have no idea what this is. Contacted VPNSecure and they had no clue. They said there is no password for key file. Not entering it is throwing an error. So entered my VPNSecure password. This seems to be fine because I get password error when I enter something random. No password related error when I enter my VPNSecure password.

- After this step, I get error connecting. Checked log and it says certificate has expired? Not sure why it would say that? I generated them just a few mins ago and they are valid (attached screenshot)

Would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!

Sorry for a silly question

I have this installed in a custom build kodi on Liberelec

I used slickvpn and was able to successfully setup and make a connection using their ovpn file. I have it configured to auto connect when I boot Kodi. I see successful connection message when I start Kodi

My problem is - the add ons are not going through VPN i guess. I have indigo installed which shows external ip address. That is still showing my public IP address provided by ISP. Shouldnt it show slickvpn's IP address? Same when I run speed test arnubox. It is detecting my local city location and showing my public IP instead of slickvpn assigned IP

Btw, I have a odd kodi build and it does not show me a 'Display VPN Status' option to check the status and see the IP address

Edit - I saw that under Utilities, there is an option to add key mappings to display MAP VPN connection cycle, table, map information display. I configured those to function keys on my remote. Tried pressing each of those

Map VPN connection cycle button shows the connection status and says I am connected to slickvpn

Map VPN connection table button shows I am connected as well

Map information display button shows I am connected. But it shows my external IP as my ISP (comcast) assigned public address. It is not showing the slickvpn address

What am I missing here? It says I am connected but not really?

Edit 2 - So, I looked at the OpenVPN log and I see some errors. So it failed even though it shows that I am connected successfully?

Tue Aug 11 00:46:20 2020 /sbin/ip route add 104.238.198.14/32 via 192.168.0.1

Tue Aug 11 00:46:20 2020 /sbin/ip route del 0.0.0.0/0

Tue Aug 11 00:46:20 2020 /sbin/ip route add 0.0.0.0/0 via 10.10.8.1

ip: RTNETLINK answers: File exists

Then found the below post that they had a similar problem as well

Setup SlickVPN on Raspberry Pi 2 running LibreElec and Kodi 17.5 | Wilders Security Forums

I tried doing the SSH route and I got the same error