Posts by tokul

I don't know if I'm in the right place here.

I have the LibreElec 11.0.6 image running on my Raspberry Pi 5.

Unfortunately I can't get a browser installed.

For example, how can I install google-chrome-stable-122.0.6261.111-1_amd64.deb via the terminal (ssh)?

amd64 is 64bit intel/amd architecture. Not 64bit ARM.

You expect to install software compiled for different architecture and for different operating system.

Generic Libreelec builds are not set to run graphical browsers since they started using same setup in v11 for all their archs. Kodi is available as package in Debian and Ubuntu ARM builds. Just run full OS and add Kodi from their package repos.

Even if NordVPN have arm version, they probably don't expect to be run on appliance level OS.

Maybe it has to do with the Conexant CX20632 HDA sound chip in the HP device that is maybe not that common. Any hints where to submit that issue that the device quirks are added upstream?

I am not hardware engineer, but I would suspect that HDMI audio is not about passing through audio from sound card. Your HDMI sound is controlled by video card driver.

Other thing, PC don't want to start without keyborad connected. I found nothing about that in BIOS. Is it possible to solve it?

BIOS screen - Left column, second menu option

"Standard CMOS features" -> "Halt On"

Based on manual it boots without keyboard in default bios setting.

Audio not working both on HDMI and audio, would mean that you have two faulty components on the board or one faulty component in front of the screen. F12 version adds next gen CPU support. Your kit should not work at all, if you put ivy Bridge CPU in it on F7 BIOS.

If battery is dead, you would see it by kit not saving its clock.

NFO files/Templates - Official Kodi Wiki

From some site on the webs. Try guessing which.

---

Your questions answered

Will my Raspberry Pi 4 power supply work with Raspberry Pi 5?

Raspberry Pi 5 is a higher-performance computer than Raspberry Pi 4, and you may have problems using an under-powered supply. We recommend a high-quality 5V 5A USB-C power supply, such as the new Raspberry Pi 27W USB-C Power Supply.

---

x Volt * y Amp = z Watt

5 * 5 = 25 Watt

Disregard the previous comment as this code worked when using a different website. Thanks!

You could fake user agent string and referer in curl, if website expects regular browser opening URL and URL being accessed by clicking link on their site.

Code
    curl http://m3u4u.com/xml/xxx --referer "http://m3u4u.com" --user-agent "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0"

Your request would still stand out as it won't have session and other cookies and does not fetch referer page and all its objects.

Redirect stdout and stderr output to log file or files.

Code
    x x * * * /usr/bin/wget http://xxx.com/xxx/xxx -O /storage/xxx/file.gz >/storage/temp.log 2>/storage/temp.err

Libreelec wget is not regular wget binary. If wget does not work in cron, try curl.

Code
    /usr/bin/curl http://xxx.com/xxx/xxx > /storage/xxx/file.gz

"file name constantly changes every time it is downloaded."

Name can change only if wget refuses to overwrite existing file and creates new one, or that URL is redirector or data generator, which sets output filename in request headers and you are downloading without -O option. wget -O option overrides file name set by server.

Zobi - Does the n100 have HDMI-CEC support?... that would be a deal breaker for me...

N100 is CPU. Not motherboard where all the HDMI logic would be with integrated video. Next you will ask ad troll, if your car radio complies with CO2 emission standards.

On a thread about ARM based low power device some decided to promote latest gen Intel products that are overkill for Libreelec requirements.

Well... I currently run Libreelec from an 8 years old Raspberry pi 2. It still works fine, but I wanted to update (speed, 4K etc), and the RPi 5 seemed a great choice when it came out (+ I'm still a great fan of RPi !)

But then I read the comments on N100 mini PC, and I have to admit that, in my situation, I agree N100 seems a better choice than RPi 5...

Plenty of fanless celeron based mini pcs on the market and you seem to agree on promoting one specific vendor and model.

You are talking about thing that is happening since v11.0.0. I think nano is impacted by same ridiculous screen redraw too. You probably got typo in "LE1`2.0.3" or time machine.

tokul
    March 10, 2023 at 4:50 PM

4. Can I install and use FreeTube, or a similar privacy respecting YouTube client?

5. Are there settings to ensure the OS/Kodi uses DNS that I can set?

6. Is it possible to install Firefox and can I install add-ons (e.g. uBO etc)?

7. Is there a decent TV remote style input device that works like a wireless mouse/keyboard so I can plug in the mini-USB receiver to the PC and use the 'remote'?

2. https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/clients/kodi/

4. That's called Firefox + adblock.

5. DNS is set by DHCP server on the network or by static network configuration. Nothing kodi specific there.

6. Only in x86 legacy build. Edit. My memory was wrong. Can't find it in addons anymore or maybe I was confusing it with Chrome.

7. Search for air mouse on amazon.

Greetings, I was trying to install LibreELEC on my PC, but after completing the downloading process when I try to install it, I am getting this error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000012d). Click Ok to close the application." I have no idea what could be the issue. Could someone please help me to fix the issue? Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Libreelec is not application. It is whole OS set to run specific set of apps. You can't install it on your Windows PC.