Posts by chadj77

escalade

Thanks for the new generic image! I installed it, still having reoccurring issues even after a full wipe. I am running this on a m004u chromebox and have constant freezing with Wayland Desktop and Emulation Station (oddly Retroarch loads fine). I tried even bringing up youtube in Wayland and it mentions it is downloading firefox and nothing ever happens. Usually it freezes with Flickering though is this this hardware just not meant to run with these newer images? The icons on Wayland Desktop are all cutoff about halfway through the icons though Kodi displays perfectly. I enabled logging and here is my debug after a reboot: Retroelec emulation station and desktop freeze - Pastebin.com

I noticed for retropie emulation station they added back the OpenGL 1.4 renderer which I ignorantly assumed was the main issue and would be somehow injected into the Generic Images automagically. Add back OpenGl 1.4 renderer by tomaz82 · Pull Request #662 · RetroPie/EmulationStation · GitHub

I have an Intel NUC that had the previous generic version which the hardware seems to be a little more compatible but I couldn't get the flatpack of Steam to work. Since the NUC I use as my main device, I will eventually roll out the other image hopefully next week..

Thanks,

Chad