Posts by aidenn0

With the current RK3399 release I have two issues on my RockPro64:

1. HDMI audio passthrough is completely broken to my Denon AVR-S740H; it sounds like the AVR is treating it like PCM (i.e. just white-noise)

2. The sound randomly cuts out in videos for anywhere from about half a second to 3 seconds. It can go an hour without doing this but then do it several times in a few minutes, but I've not made it through a 2 hour movie without this happening.

It's debatable - what do you really need in 9.2 that you can't get in the current 9.0 builds?

Odroid_C2 – LibreELEC

There's lots of little annoyances; most recently I needed to find a way to upgrade InputStream Adaptive to a version that was in 9.2; in general the further behind the core Kodi is from what's current, the more things I need to fiddle with to get things to work.

As for getting a new device, do you really want to get a device now with a GPU that will be unable to decode AV1 video files that will be everywhere in a year or two. Personally I'm waiting for something like the Mecool Pro III with satellite/cable DVB tuners and AV1 hardware decoding (and obviously VP9/H265).

I can almost certainly get a device that can CPU decode AV1 at 1080p (or will be able to when the AV1 decoders get more ARM optimizations, but I think dav1d can decode 1080p today), which is the resolution of my TV anyways