Posts by dtech

mdns does not seem to work

Now we just need to find out under which version it broke because the avahi-daemon won't start under any of my v3.10 boxes.

(However, it is flawless under all v3.14 devices.)

Code: avahi-daemon
    Found user 'avahi' (UID 495) and group 'avahi' (GID 495).
    Successfully dropped root privileges.
    avahi-daemon 0.7 starting up.
    Loading service file /etc/avahi/services/sftp-ssh.service.
    socket() failed: Permission denied
    socket() failed: Permission denied
    Failed to create server: No suitable network protocol available
    avahi-daemon 0.7 exiting.

But if I start the daemon with the --no-drop-root argument, it works fine.

One question, how do I disable HDMI audio output as I use the analog output?

Try this:

echo "echo \"audio_off\" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config" >> ~/.config/autostart.sh

^ This disables the HDMI audio output immediately after each startup. I know it's not as convenient as setting it from the menu, but the end result is the same. ;)

someoneelse

The "new" version (2022) S805-based MXQ box has also arrived for me, and quite a lot points to an inconsistent design:

• The control of the blue LED (GPIOAO_13) is not handled by uboot, so a kernel patch is needed. Although the absence of a blue LED light when the box is turned on is rather an advantage.
    • The remote GPIO pin is the same (GPIOAO_7), but something different happens during shutdown. When tested on UART, it seems that the device stays on even when turned off under Android, and simply restarts by pressing the button on the remote control. This is not exactly the best solution and indicates a lack of another uboot feature.
    • The clock signal of the SDIO bus is limited from 50 MHz to 37.5 MHz. This may also be related your SD card R/W errors, IDK.
    • The MAC address of the Ethernet is not burned into the efuse, so even under Android it gets a different address during every boot. This is quite annoying.

I originally planned a separate build for this device, but unfortunately it makes no sense. It would make more sense to compile a bootloader without the above issues. :(

PS: Regardless, the RTL8723AS wireless chip works perfectly, and it has already been included in the stable version 9.2.8.10. So now you can safely turn on the automatic update again.

Yesterday all evening I tried to build an image according to this instruction, I built it on Ubuntu 18.04, I got stuck on a libtool error, I can’t figure out what is missing

You could cut a part of the error into a code block, it's hard to figure it out without it. ;)

One question, how do I disable HDMI audio output as I use the analog output? I think coreelec had the option?

Under CE, there are quite a few special Amlogic-specific settings that they put into their system. This has not been necessary so far under LE, but I will see how complicated it is to solve, and I will make a patch if it can be solved easily. I'm asking for a little patience.

Hi all! Is there an image for Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2 on aml8726-mx?

qUE_ARM made support for it, you can find it in this topic:

qUE_ARM
    March 2, 2023 at 5:57 PM

I assume its normal with hardware video decoding active that the deinterlace method is greyed out?

If hardware decoding is enabled, the deinterlace method also works with a hardware algorithm, so in this case it is normal that you cannot choose between different deinterlace methods. When hardware acceleration is turned on, the built-in deinterlace filter is automatically activated when interlaced videos are recognized.

I have the same H96 pro + as rossig and have issue to boot from SD. I don't know where I can get the meson-gxm-tx9-pro.dtb.
    I've created the image with LibreELEC USB-SD Creator using the following packages, but none them works for me :

You don't need to get the indicated dtb, because it is already included in the image.

However, it seems to me that you are following the legacy (renaming) method, which has already changed since version 10+.

Please follow this description: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic#box-images

As I saw, there are versions of the T95M 4K equipped with S905 (gxbb) and S905X (gxl) and S905W (gxl) SoCs.

However, if your box really contains an S905 SoC (gxbb), try a dtb starting with meson-gxbb-. For example, try meson-gxbb-p200.dtb, if you have Gigabit Ethernet, or meson-gxbb-p201.dtb if you have a 10/100 Mpbs Ethernet.

Oh, and don't forget the toothpick method.

At first glance, it works well. :thumbup:

Did the driver load itself at boot, or did you start it manually with modprobe?

In the meantime, I backported the persistent journal option to 9.2.8.10, so you can now send me a full system log.

You can turn this on under Settings -> LibreELEC Settings -> System -> Logging.

This setting requires a reboot, after that please send a link generated by journalctl | paste. Thanks.

Can this firmware be updated automatically through auto-update?

This is currently in a different branch, so please turn off auto-update for now until the final code is ready.

If you turn it on, it will update to a version that still lacks this driver, so it would be good to avoid this.

However, you can update the previous version with the tar on the link, so you don't have to make a new installation.

Just download the tar and copy it to the Update folder via Samba.

Well, it seems that the required module has not been loaded. Let's try to load it manually:

Code
    dmesg -c > /dev/null
    modprobe 8723as
    dmesg | paste

And thanks for the photo. ;)

Btw, also doesn't work Power On from remote control. Can anything be done about it?

Unfortunately, it looks like I need to dig deeper into the code, and the HD18Q image probably wouldn't be fully compatible with this 2022 box release. I feel like we can't move forward until I get a piece of this myself.

But there is a new question: Does the box really turn off under Android when the power button is pressed on the remote, or does it just go to standby?

P.s.: We just need to find out who is selling exactly the same box. If anyone knows accurate information about this, please let me know. Thanks.

It seems that the SDIO bus is re-initialized, but the SDIO adapter does not appear afterwards.

Next step: I would need an lsmod output.

Unfortunately, I don't have an S805 device with SDIO wifi, so if I don't manage to get such a box, I can only rely on user tests.

I tried to take the log from alexelec and it looks like what you said. It doesn't fit, does it?

From a completely different operating system, I won't really get information about the status of the driver I modified, so it's unfortunately useless for me. However, I/O errors related to the SD card are also present here, only in a smaller volume.

It would be worth running this in overwrite mode, before you write an image to the SD card again.

Now some SD card related R/W error keeps repeating itself over and over again... :(

The log should start like this:

Code
    [    0.000000@0] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x200
    [    0.000000@0] Linux version 3.10.108 (dtech@LibreBuilder) (gcc version 8.3.0 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 27 21:18:35 CEST 2023
    [    0.000000@0] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fc051] revision 1 (ARMv7), cr=10c5387d
    [    0.000000@0] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
    [    0.000000@0] Machine: Amlogic Meson8B, model: AMLOGIC
    [    0.000000@0] physical memory start address is 0x200000

Unfortunately, I can't help you until the essential part is invisible. I would recommend trying a different SD card first.